Rad Mobile is a video game developed by Sega-AM2 and published by Sega. This game was first released in arcades in 1991, then it was ported to the Sega Saturn in 1994 under the name Gale Racer. Sega followed up on the success of Rad Mobile by making a sequel, Rad Rally for the arcades in 1992, which included several gameplay changes.
Rad Mobile took place in a first person perspective and had the player engage into a non-stop road race across the USA while avoiding traffic and police cars under the time limit. The player only gets to drive in a (Ferrari 330 P4 type) prototype racing against other opponents driving of what appear to be Vector cars. The players get to race with fifteen other rivals across the track trying to prevent you from winning. During some of the courses you get to activate different controls. They include headlights for night driving and windshield wipers during rainstorms. If the player does not activate these controls when prompted effects such as a restricted view of the road or a wet windshield will occur.
- Stage 1: Los Angeles - Day
- Stage 2: Mojave Desert - Day
- Stage 3: Las Vegas - Night
- Stage 4: Provo - Rain
- Stage 5: Salt Lake City - Day
- Stage 6: Rocky Mountains - Day
- Stage 7: Cheyenne -Thunder Storm
- Stage 8: Lincoln - Night
- Stage 9: Omaha - Day
- Stage 10: Kansas City - Fog
- Stage 11: St. Louis - Night
- Stage 12: Springfield - Rain
- Stage 13: Chicago - Day
- Stage 14: Indianapolis - Night
- Stage 15: Cincinnati - Day
- Stage 16: Columbus - Dusk
- Stage 17: Pittsburgh - Night
- Stage 18: Washington, D.C. - Fog
- Stage 19: Philadelphia - Day
- Stage 20: New York - Day
In 1994 a port of Rad Mobile released in Japan known as Gale Racer (ゲイルレーサー) for the Sega Saturn. It updated several things from its arcade counterpart, all sprite cars are now polygon rendered, a new FMV intro when you start the game and an all new soundtrack. It's one of the third Sega Saturn games to be released and it's quite faithful to its arcade counterpart. It featured a save system as well as new keychains depends what mascots you have in the game. The keychains they feature are Tails, Amy Rose, Eggman, Metal Sonic, Mighty the Armadillo, and Ray the Squirrel.