Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
Romance of the Three Kingdoms X, also known as Sangokushi X (三國志X), is a part of Romance of the Three Kingdoms series, a series of turn-based computerized wargames, made by Koei. It was originally released in the summer of 2004 and the PK expansion was released several months afterwards. Sangokushi X abandoned many of Sangokushi IX's concepts and favors elements from Sangokushi VII and VIII, as well as Taikou Risshiden, which are in RPG format.
The North American version of this game is called Romance of the Three Kingdoms X.
Anniversary BOX version includes walkthrough/history book, soundtrack, desk calendar.
The overall objective of the game is to re-unify China. The player takes on the role of a historical figure from the book Romance of the Three Kingdoms, referred to as an officer, to achieve this goal. There is also a function to create original characters.
The flow of gamplay is more similar to Romance of the Three Kingdoms VIII than to Romance of the Three Kingdoms IX, with the player having several possible ranks besides a ruler, each of which alters the players' options considerably. Ranks are fluid during gameplay; while a player's choice of officer initially sets rank, it is common to be promoted, demoted, captured, or even to rebel and form a new force.
In the North American version, the game is only single player.
There are seven starting scenarios, with four more added in the Power up kit.
Power up kit
Power up kit adds following:
- Battle history mode. In this stage attack game, story event changes depending on how to play the game.
- Trial mode. In point trial mode, the goal is to earn as many points as possible in a battle. In victory trial, the goal is to use the assigned army to win as many stages as possible.
- Ability to marry other generals and raise offsprings.
- 4 new scenarios in January 211, June 221, February 253, January 250. In the January 250 scenario, nearly every character present during Three Kingdoms period appeared. In addition, there are new events.
- City, item, general editors.
- Expert (超級) mode. In addition to extra difficulties, the game mechanics can be further customized.
- Logging feature. In addition of recording events, the logs are integrated with the world map to visually represent player's progresses.
- The ability to upload your own portraits from your PC into the game, which can then be used by your original characters.
Scenario editor 1.00 adds the following:
- 'Alliance gathering' setting when editing alliance relations.
- Assign start-up city for future generals.
- Upgraded general, city, item editors.
The Power up kit features are incorporated into the re-released PlayStation 2 game (never brought outside of Japan or Taiwan), except only 3 of the 4 extra scenarios are available.
- Japan Gamecity RTK10 page
- Japan Gamecity RTK10 power up kit page
- Taiwan Gamecity RTK10 page
- Taiwan Gamecity RTK10 power up kit page