This page is for Rome: Total War cheats and unlockables.
Press the tilde (~) key and enter these codes to use them. All codes are case sensitive. Make sure to capitalize family member names, settlement names, and anything else that needs capitalizing or else it will likely to not work. All codes have a limited use if you are using patch 1.2 or lower. If you use patch 1.3 or higher you may have infinte uses. If you have patch 1.2 and wish to use a specific code again you need to exit the program and restart it.
- create_unit "settlement/captain/general" "unit id" "amount" "experience" "weapon type" "armor type"
- Allows you to create any unit you want that your faction can use. You can make a max amount of 5 units, 9 experience, 3 armor/weapon.
- give_trait "character" "trait" "level number"
- Allows you to give any trait your faction can have to a specific general.
- process_cq "settlement name"
- Anything in the city's building queue will be built automatically.
- add_population "settlement name" "amount"
- Allows you to give a city more population automatically. Max amount is 4000.
- add_money "amount"
- Gives you the specific amount of denarii you want. Max amount of 40000.
- Toggles on or off the fog of war. You can see the whole world map when inputted.
- auto_win "attacker/defender"
- When at the battle scroll, input this code in, attacker if attacking, defender if defending and press auto resolve button. Automatically wins.
There are some features you can add or edit by going to your Rome Total War folder. (Default: C:\Program Files\Activision\Rome - Total War). Click on the word document named Preference.
- (How to change)
- Change the User Interface
- Next to the words MINIMAL_UI change FALSE to TRUE
- Change Unit Size
- Next to the words UNIT_SIZE change the number to either 20(Small), 40(Normal), 80(Large), or 160(Huge)
- Remove Unit Banners
- Next to the words SHOW_BANNERS change TRUE to FALSE
- Remove the Auto Save
- Next to the words AUTO_SAVE change TRUE to FALSE
- Remove Cutscenes
- Next to the words EVENT_CUTSCENES change TRUE to FALSE
- Unrestricted Camera
- Next to the words RESTRICT_CAMERA change TRUE to FALSE
- Unlimited Ammo
- Next to the words LIMITED_AMMO change TRUE to FALSE
- Turn off Fog of War
- Next to the words FOG_OF_WAR change TRUE to FALSE
- Remove Fatigue
- Next to the word FATIGUE change TRUE to FALSE
- Next to the word SUBTITLES change FALSE to TRUE
- Remove Morale
- Next to the word MORALE change TRUE to FALSE
- Next to the words USE_WIDESCREEN change FALSE to TRUE
- Skip the Prologue
- Next to the words FIRST_TIME_PLAY change TRUE to FALSE
- Turn off the Advisor
- Next to the words MUTE_ADVISOR change FALSE to TRUE, and next to BLIND_ADVISOR change FALSE to TRUE
- Turn off Unit Arrow Markers
- Next to the words DISABLE_ARROW_MARKERS change FALSE to TRUE
Stop other factions from moving
After you end your turn it shifts through the other factions movements. If you save during the turn of another faction and then load, that faction will go through the rest of the turn without moving armys/navys or attacking.
Unlock all factions
Run or go to <your directory>\Data\world\maps\campaign\imperial_campaign\descr_strat.txt then you will see a list of the nations you can use in the beginning the end unlockable ones and the non playables. cut and paste the unplayable factions to the unlockable nations. then save it and close it. now you need to complete a campaign mode and all of the factions will be unlocked.
Alternatively, you can cut and paste all the unlockable and unplayable nations into the playable nations list, to render all the nations playable without completing the campaign mode first.*
NOTE: Some Factions may not work, For Example, Slaves WILL NOT work