|Portal: Action/Adventure||Roy Koopa at|
|Game Series||Mario series|
|First Appearance||Super Mario Bros. 3, 1990|
In Super Mario Bros. 3 Roy steals a magical wand from the king of Sky Land and transforms him into a crown-wearing vulture (In remakes the king is transformed into an Albatross, the bird enemies from Super Mario Bros. 2). Mario faces Roy after the defeat of Roy's bro, Iggy Koopa. Roy along with Ludwig is harder due to his stomping that can paralyze Mario but despite this Mario does away with this tough koopa and reverts the king to his normal self.
In Super Mario World, Roy is the fifth boss Mario must face. His castle is located outside the Forest of Illusion, but he is still that world's boss. Roy along with Morton caan walk on the walls to try and crush Mario but his walls close in on you bu was defeated and sent flying into the wall
Roy continues his traditional placement in the Koopa Kid lineup in Mario and Luigi: Superstar Saga. In this game Roy must be defeated in 8 turns, as it was with his brother and sister Larry and Wendy, respectively. Roy attacks like his brothers Morton and Ludwig, only longer and stronger.
In the comics Roy appeared in it was revealed that he had a pet bunny named Pookie, whom he would often beat up for Bowser's amusement.
Roy's Main Appearances
- Super Mario Bros. 3 (NES) - 1990
- Super Mario World (SNES) - 1991
- Super Mario All-Stars (SNES) - 1993
- Yoshi's Safari (SNES) - 1993
- Mario Is Missing! (NES) - 1993
- Super Mario Advance 2: Super Mario World (Game Boy Advance) - 2002
- Mario and Luigi: Superstar Saga (Game Boy Advance) - 2003
- Super Mario Bros. Info Station - Theoretical Origin of the Koopalings' Names
- Mario Characters FAQs
- Wikipedia's Koopa Kid page
- nintelligent network - Mario & Luigi Superstar saga ending guide