Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
Saints Row 2: Corporate Warfare is an episodic expansion pack for the sandbox-style action-adventure video game Saints Row 2, developed by Volition, Inc. and published by THQ. The second of three planned downloadable content packs, Corporate Warfare was released via Xbox Live and PlayStation Network for the Xbox 360 and PlayStation 3 systems respectively, on May 28, 2009.
Corporate Warfare focuses on the struggle between the 3rd Street Saints and the Ultor Corporation, featuring the successor to Dane Vogel, Eric Gryphon and also Dexter Jackson, a former Saint from the original Saints Row. The expansion pack also adds new customization options, vehicles, and additions to the game's multiplayer.
The game adds content for use with the main game. An array of new outfits can be purchased and worn by the player character, including commonly requested items such as face bandanas, the Ronin gang jacket and baggy jeans with wallet chain option. A wide range of facial hair from the winners of the Movember cancer awareness competition, originally planned for Ultor Exposed, feature in the pack. The pack also adds numerous new vehicles drivable by the player at any time.
The game also adds to the multiplayer component of the game. Three multiplayer maps can be played online; two for the Gangsta Brawl/Team Gangsta Brawl modes and one for the Strong Arm mode. In addition, a metagame can be activated while players free-roam in co-operative play. The option for activation becomes available after a player achieves at least a single silver star ranking for a vehicular stunt and the object of the metagame is to outmatch the other player in a driving stunt competition.
Head of the Ultor Corporation and successor to Dane Vogel, Eric Gryphon, requests protection from the 3rd Street Saints in exchange for information on Dex Jackson, an original lieutenant for the Saints (See Saint's Row 1) who now works as the Ultor Corporation's head of security. After meeting with The Boss at the Saints Hideout, Eric meets with Dex saying that he is unafraid of Dex's attempts to kill him. Eric reveals to The Boss that Dex has been selling nuclear waste on the black market and is using the Ultor Masako Team to cover up the evidence. The Boss then steals the waste from the nuclear power plant and steals it for himself, crippling Dex's finances. Dex abandons his position in Stilwater and requests a job transfer, fleeing to another city. The Boss learns of this through Eric, who in turn helps The Boss eliminate key associates of Dex during the Ultor Family Picnic. The Boss then reveals to Eric that he will find out which city Dex fled to and kill him, a hint about a possible sequel.
On September 25, 2008, lead producer of Saints Row 2 Dan Sutton stated in an interview that "Definitely we have [plans for downloadable content], yes. We haven't announced them yet, but we are looking at bigger stuff definitely." Saints Row 2 was released in mid-October, gaining positive acclaim. In March 2009, the first downloadable content pack, Ultor Exposed, was announced. Originally slated for an April 16 release, Ultor Exposed was released on April 29. The first screenshots of Corporate Warfare surfaced at the beginning of May, 2009, and a patch to prepare consoles for the pack was released on May 11. The Weekend Scavenger Hunt was a marketing approach where three screenshots of the pack were released on May 15. An open letter from producer Jim Torbit gave the first official details of the pack and set the release date for May 28. A Developer Diary video featuring Torbit, designer Bryan Dillow and programmer Phillip Alexander was released on May 22, giving an exclusive look at the new inclusions and missions in the pack. Corporate Warfare was released on May 28, 2009 through the PlayStation Network and Xbox Live costing $7.00 or 560 Microsoft Points.
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 1.2 IGN Staff (May 28, 2009). Saints Row 2 Corporate Warfare DLC Now Available. IGN. Retrieved on 2009-05-28.
- ↑ 2.0 2.1 2.2 2.3 2.4 Torbit, Jim (20 May, 2009). Open Letter to Our Fans - Jim Torbit, DLC Producer. THQ. Retrieved on 2009-05-20.
- ↑ 3.0 3.1 Newspaper clipboard: Known philanthropist Eric Gryphon has miraculously survived a brutal car crash that has left dozens dead. While Mr. Gryphon was unavailable to comment his co-worker and close friend Dexter Jackson says this of the ordeal, "I'm just glad Eric is ok." In unrelated news, police have been unable to figure out how several hundred shell casings appeared on the Stilwater Freeway. - Volition, Inc. Saints Row 2: Corporate Warfare. (THQ). PlayStation 3 and Xbox 360, (v1.30). Level/area: Traffic Control newspaper clipboard. (May 28, 2009)
- ↑ 4.0 4.1 4.2 V-Singular (May 15, 2009). DLC Pack #2 Weekend Scavenger Hunt. THQ. Retrieved on 2009-05-15.
- ↑ 5.0 5.1 V-Singular (May 1, 2009). First Screenshots of DLC Pack #2. The Row Community..
- ↑ 6.0 6.1 6.2 6.3 6.4 V-Singular (May 26, 2009). Full Item List for DLC Pack #2. THQ. Retrieved on 2009-05-26.
- ↑ Bantick, Mike (April 24, 2009). Saints Row 2 DLC to feature Aussie moustaches. iTwire. Retrieved on 2009-04-25.
- ↑ V-Singular (April 21, 2009). Full Item List for DLC Pack #1. The Row Community..
- ↑ Luke Guttridge. Saints Row 3 Already in Development. Play.tm. Retrieved on 2008-09-28.
- ↑ Brudvig, Eric (March 30, 2009). Saints Row 2: Ultor Exposed. IGN. Retrieved on 2009-04-10.
- ↑ V-Singular (March 31, 2009). DLC Pack #1 Official Details. The Row Community..
- ↑ Hatfield, Daemon (April 23, 2009). Ultor Now Exposed. IGN..
- ↑ V-Singular (April 23, 2009). SR2 DLC Pack #1 Out Now!. The Row Community..
- ↑ V-Singular (May 11, 2009). SR2 Patch - 1.30. THQ. Retrieved on 2009-05-11.
- ↑ Jim Torbit, Bryan Dillow and Phillip Alexander (May 22, 2009). DLC #2 Developer Diary. THQ. Retrieved on 2009-05-22.
- Official Saints Row 2 site
- Volition, Inc. home page
- Saints Row 2: Corporate Warfare on the Saints Row wiki