As with most of the yaoi video games, it features a story developing in text and illustrations, in which the player is sometimes called to make a choice and decide what the protagonist will do.
The story of Silver Chaos is set in an hypothetical fantasy role-playing game world, which once was menaced by a cruel demonic entity called Hadeus. The terrible war which followed had left many orphans, and one of them is Might. Raised up without his parents, with the only company of his older friend Adonis (another orphan), Might became an ambitious teenager training for his dream to become a soldier of the royal army. One day, though, Might found himself terribly wounded after falling off a cliff while training. Adonis, who loved Might over anything else, used a forbidden dark spell to save his life. So Might's life was saved... but Adonis mysteriously disappeared.
Might will then go on a quest to find out what has happened to his beloved Adonis, meeting a rather wide range of handsome characters – each one with a peculiar personality – who will either join him in his quest or become an obstacle to it. The player, after making the appropriate choices, will be able to pair up the protagonist with one of the characters he will meet.
- Might: The main character of the story who is saved by his best friend Adonis with the "The way of the anti-soul". He is a skilled swordsman who studied in “Silver Training School” and along his way he meets many comrades to help him find Adonis.
- Adonis: Might's best friend that has been with him since they were very young. By using a forbidden spell book called “The Way of the Anti-soul”, he unknowingly casts a spell to revive the demon king Hardius.
- Hardius: The main villain of the story, he is the demon that wreaked havoc ten years ago and was sealed by a great magician and warrior. Unsealed by Adonis and with a brand new body, he is out to cause destruction upon the world once again.
- Hector Brice: Hector is potentially one of your allies in the game however, he starts off as an enemy. After witnessing his family’s murder, he becomes dark and twisted, vowing revenge on the people who killed his family.
- Sergei Claudius: The king of the land and the man who helped the people deal with the catastrophe ten years ago by building training schools and orphanages. Upon hearing about Hardius’ return, he aids Might in his battle against the demon king.
- Werne Claudius: The prince and heir to the throne. Werne has lived in a sheltered life where everything was given to him, because of this, Werne has become very spoiled and selfish. He yearns to go to the outside world and be free so he often sneaks out of the palace. This often gets him into trouble.
- Fritz: Fritz is Werne’s mentor and caretaker. Although he is weak and a pushover, he cares a lot about the prince. He always ends up following the prince in his plans and unable to keep Werne out of trouble.
- Lorrence Lancaster: The head of the royal guards, he is asked by the king to aid Might in his quest to defeat Hardius. He is a powerful swordsman with a serious attitude, because of this he often falls victim to Leica’s jokes.
- Leica Kit: Leica is a free-lance bounty hunter and will do anything for money, whether it’d be a singing contest or hunting down an incredible monster, he’s up for the task. Playful and a joker, he adds comic relief to the story line and often teases the other characters.
- Pam: An animal child that Might encounters on his journey. Seeing such a small child as an orphan, Might takes him in. Pam possesses unimaginable strength and is by far the strongest character physically, in the game. He often whines and says things bluntly as any child would, and he is searching for his parents.
- Kurt Howell: A priest who lives in the Varoja temple. He is calm and has a quiet demeanour, and takes things in his own pace. He is devoted to his god and very polite. In his spare time he enjoys embroidery and mixing health drinks.
- Ragsiel: The god who helped seal the demon Hardius ten years ago. He is lecherous and very perverted which often makes the other characters doubt what type of god he is. Although Ragsiel is a pervert, he is very serious when it comes to matters involving Hardius.