Space Duel is an arcade game released in 1982 by Atari Inc. It is a direct descendant of the original Asteroids, with asteroids replaced by colorful geometric shapes like cubes, diamonds, and spinning pinwheels. Shoot all objects to complete a level. Space Duel is the first and only multi-player interactive vector game by Atari. When Asteroids Deluxe did not sell well, this game was taken off the shelf and released to moderate success.
A port of Space Duel was released on the Atari Flashback 2, reproducing only the single-player mode.
|Lists of miscellaneous information should be avoided. Please relocate any relevant information into appropriate sections or articles. (January 2008)|
- David Plummer holds the official world record for this game with a maximum 623,720 points.
- A Space Duel cabinet is featured on the album cover for The Who's It's Hard.
- Space Duel at Museum of the Game
- Space Duel emulation in Java
- Owen Rubin's (the creator's) home page
- Space Duel wiki guide at StrategyWikiTemplate:Atari-stub
|32px||This shooter game-related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|