Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
Space Launcher (スペースランチャー) is a 1979 arcade game developed and published by Nintendo. Some sources claim that Ikegami Tsushinki also did design work on Space Launcher. It was distributed by Far East Video in Europe.
The gameplay and layout is similar to Frogger, except Space Launcher was released two years earlier. The object of the game is to fly the rocket up to any of the four ports to pick up treasures (points), fly back down to the starting point and repeat while avoiding enemies and projectiles. When the rocket flies near the enemies on top of the screen, the damaging shield on the tip of the rocket's nose turns on, allowing players to destroy enemies with it. Point values increase as players become more successful in destroying more than one enemy. Players have a limited amount of rockets to fly, and when all of them are destroyed, the game is over.
- ↑ 
- ↑ ドンキーコング裁判についてちょこっと考えてみる Thinking a bit about Donkey Kong, accessed 2009-02-01
- ↑ It started from Pong (それは『ポン』から始まった : アーケードTVゲームの成り立ち sore wa pon kara hajimatta: ākēdo terebi gēmu no naritachi ), Masumi Akagi (赤木真澄 Akagi Masumi ), Amusement Tsūshinsha (アミューズメント通信社 Amyūzumento Tsūshinsha ), 2005, ISBN 4-9902512-0-2.
- Space Launcher at GameFAQs
- Space Launcher at Museum of the Game
- Space Launcher at NinDBTemplate:Nintendo-stub