Spartan: Total Warrior units
- Allied Swordsman: Armed with swords and shields.
- Allied Hoplite: Armed with spears.
- Spartan Archer: Armed with a bow and arrows.
- Sapper: These carry a bomb to enemy structures. Once primed, the sapper is armed with a dagger and retreats from the battlefield.
- Allied Gigantes: Appears only as an Arena Challenge extra.
- Roman Recruit: Basic enemy soldier. Even though they have a shield, they die easily.
- Roman Soldier: A small step above the Roman Recruit. Can block attacks, but they still die relatively easily.
- Roman Archer: Armed with a bow and arrows.
- Heavy legionary: Backbone of the Roman army. Equivalent to Allied Swordsmen in terms of gameplay and durability.
- Centurion: Leaders of Roman armies. Cannot be killed by a single rage attack when the Spartan is only a warrior. All of them resemble Marcus the Centurion, the Roman military adviser from Rome: Total War.
- Barbarian Warrior: Armed with a large club. Equivalent to the Roman Recruit.
- Barbarian Raider: Wielding swords. they are equivalent to the Roman Soldier.
- Barbarian Hunter: Armed with throwing axes.
- Berserker: Armed with sharp knives on their hands, they are equivalent to the Centurion. They act as bodyguards to Beowulf.
- Gigantes: Giant creatures that are a threat to any soldier even the spartan.
- Strong Gigantes: A special type of Gigante that, while it has the same strength as a normal one, it is harder to kill because it has more health. The only one of these in the game is one of the 2 Gigantes in "The Wild Bunch" chapter.
- Praetorian Guard: The basic Praetorian soldier.
- Praetorian Archer: Armed with a bow and arrows.
- Praetorian Legionary: A tougher variety of Praetorian Guard.
- Praetorian Carnifex: Strong soldiers armed with long swords which they use as shields.
- Infernus: Armed with a flame thrower.
- Assassin: Fast soldiers that are a challenge to even the Spartan. They can use their twin swords as shields and can evade even direct rage attacks. Somewhat resembles the Arcani unit from Rome: Total War.
- Undead Warrior: Zombified remains of a Roman Soldier. Will continually return to life unless stomped on or stabbed while on the ground.
- Skeleton Warrior: Skeletal remains of Greek and Trojan warriors who died during the Trojan War, reanimated through sorcery. Impervious to arrow attacks.
- Skeleton Archer: Identical to the Skeleton Warrior, but armed with a bow and arrows.
- Hoplomachus Heavy Axe Gladiator: A large, powerful, heavily armored warrior armed with battle axes.
- Thracian Light Arms Gladiator: Agile, but unarmored, gladiator spearman.
- Retarius Trident Gladiator: Similar to Thracian Light Arms.
- Male Villager: Found in the village that is attacked by barbarians. Incapable of combat.
- Female Villager: Found in the village that is attacked by barbarians. Incapable of combat.
- Athenian Male: Resident of Athens. Incapable of combat.
- Athenian Female: Resident of Athens. Incapable of combat.
Heroes and villains
- The Spartan: The player character. On a quest to of revenge against the Romans for attacking Sparta.
- Castor: Armed with a long spear. One of the Spartan's best friends, he accompanies him on his journey to fight the Romans.
- Pollux: Another one of the Spartans friends and Castor's brother. Armed with a sword and shield.
- Electra: Amazon princess rescued by the Spartan and castor from the Roman camp. Aids them in their quest to destroy the Roman Empire.
- King Leonidas: The ruler of Sparta.
- Archimedes: Scientist and leader of the resistance to liberate Athens from Roman rule.
- Talos: Giant mechanical man created by the Roman Empire to destroy Sparta.
- Medusa: Queen of the Gorgons, she has the devastating power to turn men into stone with a single glance. She is captured by the Romans and used in an attempt to destroy Sparta.
- Crassus: Roman general. Armed with Medusa's shield, which is able to turn men to stone.
- Beowulf: Chief of the barbarians. Able to create deadly fire and armed with his warhammer which causes small earthquakes.
- Nemesis: A clone of the Spartan armed with the Spear of Achilles.
- Hydra: A multi-headed serpentine monster which roams the ruins of Troy.
- Sejanus: Praetorian prefect and ruler of Athens following its fall. Able to teleport himself, fire flaming bolts, shield himself from attack, and raise the dead to fight at his command.
- The Minotaur: A large creature with the body of a man and the head of a bull. Captured by the Romans and forced to fight in the coliseum, but he escapes in the sewer.
- Tiberius: Emperor of the Roman Empire.
- Ares': The god of war, he guides the Spartan in his quest.