The art of completing a level or an entire game as quickly as possible. Sequence breaking is very often used to accomplish this.
Speed runs are normally classified into different categories.
- Basic speedrun, which focuses only on completing the game as fast as possible.
- Minimalist speedrun, which focuses on completing the game with minimal items.
- 100% completion, which requires collecting every item, secret, or any other required item.
- Tool assisted, which allows the usage of emulators, savestates or slowdowns.
- Unlike the aforementioned speedrun types, tool-assisted speedruns are designed to be entertaining as well as fast, and are not a show of player skill so much as planning, creativity and artistic ability.
- Speed Demos Archive
- Metroid Speed Runs
- Archive.org speedrun downloads
- Tools Assisted Speedruns how to make speed runs on
|This article is a stub. You can help by |
Stubs are articles that writers have begun work on, but are not yet complete enough to be considered finished articles.