SpongeBob SquarePants: Underpants Slam is an action puzzle game featuring licensed characters from the SpongeBob animated series. The game was released on Xbox Live Arcade on December 26, 2007 for 800 Microsoft Points. The game is publisher THQ's first game designed for download, alongside Screwjumper!, another action game for the Xbox Live Arcade service. This is technically not the first SpongeBob game to be released on Xbox 360 since it was made for the Xbox Live Arcade.
A storm current has disrupted a shipment of the undergarments of Lord of the Sea Neptune's underwear, spreading them across the ocean floor. Neptune has called upon his subjects to collect the lost undergarments, with a reward offered to the one who collects the most underwear.
Players progress through 10 levels of play by collecting 99 pairs of underwear in each. Playable characters include SpongeBob SquarePants, Patrick Star, Eugene Krabs, Sheldon Plankton and Sandy Cheeks. Levels are populated by jellyfish, who can swim away with pairs of underpants. These stolen underpants can only be retrieved by attacking the jellyfish, failure to attack at the right moment results in an electrical shock. Most pairs of underpants are scattered around levels, though several are hidden in objects such as pipes and boxes which must be destroyed. Power-ups such as a magnet to draw in nearby bloomers can be collected throughout the levels, though some can have negative effects such as reversing the controls.
- ↑ Kietzmann, Ludwig (2007-12-21). This Wednesday: SpongeBob gives XBLA 'Underpants Slam!'. Joystiq. Retrieved on 2008-01-04.
- ↑ Sinclair, Brendan (2007-10-24). SpongeBob launches THQ XBLA efforts. GameSpot. Retrieved on 2008-01-04.
- ↑ 3.0 3.1 SpongeBob SquarePants: Underpants Slam - Game Detail Page. Microsoft. Retrieved on 2008-01-04.
- ↑ Sewart, Greg (2008-01-02). Bikini Bottom goes next-gen. GamesRadar. Retrieved on 2007-01-04.
- ↑ 5.0 5.1 Chapman, David (2008-01-03). SpongeBob SquarePants: bloomers Slam! Review (Xbox 360). TeamXbox. Retrieved on 2008-01-04.
- ↑ Ahearn, Nate (2008-01-02). SpongeBob SquarePants: Underpants Slam! Review. IGN. Retrieved on 2008-01-04.