|This article needs to be cleaned up. More information may be found in this article's talk page.|
Stair Dismount (also known as Porrasturvat) is a computer game originally made by Jetro Lauha of tAAt. It is a puzzle game where the goal is maximising the 'damage' done to a 3D stickman figure; the player causes damage by applying a force to the figure to make it fall down a staircase.
The stick figure's falls are accompanied by various sound effects — cracks, wails and groans — as it makes its way to the bottom. Stair Dismount uses ragdoll physics, so the figure is very floppy as it falls, like a ragdoll.
The game was first published in Assembly 2002, where it won the first prize in the game development competition.
Stair Dismount 2 is under development with no expected release date.
- http://dismount.4t.com - Fan Site
- http://www.planetfreeplay.com/interview/7/ - Interview with Jetro Lauha
- 'Porrasturvat - Stair Dismount' at MobyGames (classic)
- 'Stair Dismount' at MobyGames (iPhone, iPod touch, iPad)
- Sauna Dismount prototype
- ↑ SD2 announcement thread
- ↑ Stair Dismount site, quotes release date as 25 Nov, 2009.
- ↑ Stair Dismount Touch announcement