Star Wars: Episode I Racer is a futuristic racing video game based on the pod race featured in Star Wars Episode I: The Phantom Menace. The game features a variety of tracks spanning several different planets and includes all of the racers featured in the movie.
The following is a list of different playing modes featured in the game:
- Tournament: The primary game mode. Race for money to buy parts or pit droids, and unlock new tracks, racers, and upgrades. You can't decide how hard the other racers are going on you.
- Free Race: Allows you to practice any previously unlocked courses using any unlocked racer. However, you cannot earn money or unlock tracks and racers. You can set the difficulty of your opponents.
- Time Attack: The same as Free Race, except you race against the clock, constantly trying to improve your time.
- 2 Player: Race against another real player on any unlocked course. You can adjust the difficulty, number, and speed of the computer opponents.
Planets & Tracks
The courses in Star Wars: Episode I Racer span eight worlds, each with unique attributes. They are listed in order of appearance:
- Tatooine: A barren and rocky desert planet. Features the Boonta Eve Training Course and the Boonta Eve Classic.
- Mon Gazza]]: An industrial wasteland of fiery caverns, spice-mining sites, and abandoned equipment.
- Ando Prime: A frigid planet of ice and snow comparable to Hoth. Good traction is a necessity.
- Aquilaris: An aquatic world of undersea passages, ocean cliffs, and a dangerous abandoned city.
- Malastare: A world characterized by pools of Methane gas, high speed, and tight turns.
- Oovo IV: A moon located in the midst of the rings of its gas giant parent planet. Includes anti-gravity tubes that allow speeds in excess of 1000 mph.
- Ord Ibanna: A gas giant populated by floating platforms that leave little room for error, this planet takes inspiration from Bespin, the planet harboring Cloud City in Star Wars Episode V: The Empire Strikes Back.
- Baroonda: A tropical planet rich with white-sand beaches, rapid-flowing rivers, and a wide variety of flora and fauna in its thick jungles. More difficult races feature sections inside a volcano, making good cooling systems vital.
There are 25 tracks total, seven in the Amateur Circuit, seven in the Semi-Pro, seven in the Galactic, and four in the Invitational. Each racer has their own favorite race, with Sebulba having three. Although multiple tracks are set on the same world, the terrain and obstacles can vary dramatically. Each track is listed in order of appearance, with its circuit name, location, and track favorite, who usually can be unlocked with a first place finish.
|This article needs an infobox. You can help by adding one.|
|This "Star Wars"-related article is a stub. You can help by adding to it.|