Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
Star Wars: The Clone Wars - Republic Heroes is an action-adventure video game developed by LucasArts Singapore and Krome Studios, published by LucasArts, and released for Microsoft Windows, Xbox 360, PlayStation 3, Wii, PSP, PlayStation 2 (in the US only) and Nintendo DS. The game is a tie-in to The Clone Wars television series and was released on October 6, 2009, receiving generally negative reviews.
A brand-new storyline takes the player on a multi-faceted adventure to stop a mysterious techno assassin's destructive plot. The game takes place between Season 1 and Season 2 of the television series. The game's primary antagonists are bounty hunter Cad Bane, Skakoan mercenary Kul Teska and Sith Lord Count Dooku along with his apprentice Asajj Ventress.
The game allows players to play as Jedi Knights, clone troopers and other characters, and contains 40 missions. The game has a similar visual look to the series it is based on. The feel of the game is similar to LucasArts' 2005 video game, Star Wars Episode III: Revenge of the Sith, and the LEGO Star Wars series. The game also features a drop in/drop out co-op mode.
Playable Jedi characters include:
- Anakin Skywalker
- Obi-Wan Kenobi
- Ahsoka Tano
- Mace Windu
- Kit Fisto
- Aayla Secura
- Luminara Unduli
- Plo Koon
Playable Clone trooper characters include:
- Captain Rex
- Commander Cody
- Commander Gree
- Commander Bly
- Commander Ponds
- Private Switch
- Sergeant Boomer
- Sergeant Kano
Some enemies are in the game like Count Dooku, Kul Teska and Asajj Ventress. Many other members of the cast from the series are non-playable, like Padmé Amidala. The player is able to use Force powers when playing as a Force-sensitive character. To balance things out, the clone troopers will have a huge array of weaponry.
Star Wars: The Clone Wars - Republic Heroes scored generally negative reviews. Chris Roper of IGN gave the game a 4.8/10, starting his review by saying “The first thing you'll notice is that pretty much regardless of which system you play it on, it looks rather terrible.” Roper then goes on to say “About five seconds after you notice how bad it looks, you'll realize that the game's platforming elements are unresponsive and oftentimes frustrating.” He closed his review stating that “Unless you or your kids want to play as Jedi or clone troopers just for the sake of doing so, then there's really nothing here that'll keep anyone, young or old, interested for very long.” Roper recommends playing a Lego Star Wars: The Video Game title instead.
- ↑ Star Wars The Clone Wars: Republic Heroes Comes to the Rescue This September. LucasArts Entertainment Company (May 11, 2009). Retrieved on 2009-05-16.
- ↑ Star Wars: The Clone Wars - Republic Heroes Rated PG by the BBFC. British Board of Film Classification (June 24, 2009). Retrieved on 2009-07-18.
- ↑ New Star Wars Wii Game Incoming. Official Nintendo Magazine (May 11, 2009). Retrieved on 2009-05-16.
- ↑ Berardini, Cesar (May 11, 2009). Star Wars The Clone Wars: Republic Heroes Announced. Team Xbox. Retrieved on 2009-05-16.
- ↑ Nunneley, Stephen (May 9, 2009). Star Wars The Clone Wars: Republic Heroes announced, trailered. VG247. Retrieved on 2009-05-16.
- ↑ Star Wars: The Clone Wars Republic Heroes Preview. Gaming Union (Aug 26, 2009). Retrieved on 2009-08-26.
- ↑ http://ps2.ign.com/articles/103/1032046p1.html
- ↑ http://www.metacritic.com/games/platforms/pc/starwarstheclonewarsrepublicheroes?q=star%20wars:%20the%20clone%20wars