This article's info is currently out-of-date. Maybe you can fix it?
Starpoint Gemini (sometimes referred to as SPG) is a real-time role-playing strategy focused on the control and strengths of individual vessels and their command crews. The game is set in a science-fiction universe where various thriving technological directions exist side by side. Players will freely traverse the rich and filled vastness of the Gemini star system, fight skirmishes with rogue ships, trade commodities, mine ore from asteroids, research anomalies, buy new vessels, enlarge their fleet, upgrade their ships with state-of-the-art technology, increase their experience and rank to learn more powerful maneuvers and ultimately use all that in large scale engagements against other fleets and battlestations..
- Game is rendered fully in 3D
- Freeform and open-ended gameplay - Roam through Gemini wherever you wish and choose when to continue the storyline.
- Dynamic storyline filled with political intrigues and plot twists - Nothing is as it seems. You will finish some old scores and shape the future of the entire Gemini system through the course of over 30 main missions
- 50+ hours of gameplay
- More than 4 hundred side missions
- Over 4 hundred respawning random encounters
- Diverse, detailed and balanced RPG system - Gain maneuvers (skills) and Perks (passive bonuses)
- Detailed ship upgrade system - Over 3 hundred ship systems to use in refitting and upgrading your ship
- Almost 60 different ships to choose from - Each ship comes with a special Ship's ability
- Multiple starting scenarios - The standard campaign mode and several freeroam scenarios
- The game's music is composed by Valdi Sabev.
Where does the game take place?
The game takes place in a futuristic science fiction universe where various scientific research directions coexist side by side. The game world itself is set far away from the Solar system, in a star system called Gemini that prides itself with several naturally inhabitable planets and other that were suitable for terraformation. Gemini is a rich system, divided by four major factions, with 11 other smaller factions controlling numerous space stations throughout the system.
After spending almost twenty years trapped in the so-called Stasis rift anomaly, unaware of the passage of time, player reemerges into normal space to find Gemini and indeed everything he knew, had changed beyond recognition. The Gateway stood as the entry point to the Gemini system, but events that took place two decades ago closed the wormhole and practically sealed the system off of the rest of the universe. The isolation and the appearance of countless anomalies enabled unforeseen technological advancements. Political intrigues, greed and lust for power have shaped the fate of Gemini and it is almost time for reckoning...
The player navigates a large and powerful spaceship. Every vessel in the game can be controlled and upgraded with over 300 ship systems ranging from Shield emitters and Grappling beams to Plasma cannons and Shockwave generators, to better suit the player. In addition, the player can create his "captain avatar" in the beginning of the game with some starting maneuvers (skills) which he then later upgrades during the game. He can also add new maneuvers by spending maneuver points he gained with experience levels.
- April 2008: Development began by Little Green Men Games
- January, 2009: Little Green Men Games officially became part of Intercorona.
- A closed alpha began in late 2009.
- Starpoint Gemini will be released via download on Gamers Gate on 15th December 2010.