Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
|This article needs to be cleaned up. More information may be found in this article's talk page.(May 2009)|
Unlike the previous Stronghold titles, Legends gives the player a choice of different starting rulers with different troop types (including King Arthur and his knights of the round table, Count Vlad Dracul, and Siegfried of Xanten). Other new features include cooperative multiplayer against computer-controlled opponents and the choice between different game play options for online play (Death-match, King of the Hill, Economic War, and Capture the Flag).
Each faction has new unit groups unique to each faction. Most special units have their own unique ability, which must be recharged after they are used. Dragons are also available to every faction, but have a set lifetime. All other special units remain on the map until they die. In story mode, for example, King Arthur can make use of the Ice Tower instead of the Round Table for more balanced game play.
- There are no more spearmen (but they are replaced by men-at-arms), horse-archers, light-cavalry, berserkers, thieves, monks, or assassins.
- Bandits can be summoned either to assist a human player from the woods or to oppose you if your opponent obtains their loyalty.
- Pictish boat warriors are always against you in missions (except in some of the legends trail missions where they are sent as reinforcements).
Differences to Stronghold 2
This game appeared to be a minor rehash of the previous game, on the first inspection. However, playing it revealed that the graphics were considerably improved and some new music tracks were available. More units were available, although many features like crime were removed entirely, blunting the experience. The game was generally felt to be 'more personal' and 'newer,' but was not as it had been anticipated. However, it was included in the Mastertronic range of games in the U.K., showing its popularity.
- Official website
- Stronghold Legends Site
- Stronghold Legends Wiki
- Official Polish Stronghold Site
- Stronghold Legends at MobyGames