Super Match Soccer is a football (soccer) videogame published by Acclaim and developed in 1998 by Jon Ritman. The game is available for PC and PlayStation and it is the last game in the Match Day series.
Some of the features of the game are:
Super Match Soccer is a 3D videogame with five camera angles to see the simulation, each one with four zoom factors.
It includes 24 national teams with different skill levels. The player can choose for every match, footballers playing in his team and tactic. Names and attributes of each footballer can be edited.
Tha game can be played by one human vs. computer, two humans or several of them (using network connection in PC or adapter for PlayStation. It also supports analogue controllers for PC and PlayStation.
It was developed as a sequel of Match Day many years after the popular Match Day II. It was even presented in a PlayStation preview in Spain as Matchday 3. But due to legal problemas it was finally called Super Match Soccer.
- ↑ Super Match Soccer at gamefaqs.com
- ↑ The History of Computer Soccer
- ↑ Super Match Soccer at pc.ign.com
- ↑ Official website at web.archive.org
- ↑ Match Day 3 preview at absolute-PlayStation.com
- ↑ Interview with Ritman at cpcrulez.free.fr
- ↑ Comment about soccer 1998 videogames at worldofstuart.excellentcontent.com/world/ctw