Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
Mainly an annual franchise update of cars and tracks, the game did add more detailed graphics, physics, multiplayer modes and other minor features. Fictional (but realistic) tracks were added, and support races such as Ford Fiestas, Formula Ford and others also arrived. The level of car damage possible during a race was also enhanced, which was a significant selling point compared with the likes of Gran Turismo which had no damage model at the time. The intro (opening scene) of the US version features the song "Sole Sentiment" by Ratman.
Cars and Drivers
- Honda Accord - James Thompson and Peter Kox
- Audi A4 - Yvan Muller and John Bintcliffe
- Vauxhall Vectra - John Cleland and Derek Warwick
- Volvo S40 - Rickard Rydell and Gianni Morbidelli
- Ford Mondeo - Will Hoy, Craig Baird and Nigel Mansell*
- Nissan Primera - David Leslie and Anthony Reid
- Peugeot 406 - Tim Harvey and Paul Radisich
- Renault Laguna - Alain Menu and Jason Plato
* It is worth noting that Nigel Mansell did drive races for Ford during this season, and is also on the drivers page in the in-game options, but does not actually feature racing in the game
Similar to the first game, once you select a car, you replace a driver and partner the other driver. However, unlike the first TOCA game, this time you replace the second team driver, not the first.
TOCA 2 is notable for being one of only three PlayStation games (the others being Wip3out: Special Edition and Andretti Racing) to feature a four-player mode using the PlayStation's link cable and split-screen at the same time - i.e., four players compete against each other simultaneously using two PlayStation consoles, with two players per console and connected to two televisions.
TOCA 2 for Windows also has the ability to import skins for each car. They can be edited using any paint/drawing program.