- REDIRECT Template:Cleanup
The Italian Job is a racing video game released in 2003 by Climax Group. The game is based on the film of the same name. The game features a story mode based on the movie and a multiplayer mode where you drive Mini's through several different circuits in Hollywood and LA.
There are 15 missions in the story mode, as follows:
- Midtown Meet
- Rental Rampage
- MINI Me
- Haul Out
- MINI Mayhem
- Cable Calling
- Rooftop Raid
- Volatile Venture
- Restaurant Rendezvous
- Total Training
- Bullion Busting
- Metro Madness
- Dam Busters
- Off the Rails
The Italian Job is a racing game based on the 2003 film. You get to drive different vehicles around Hollywood or LA, completing objectives relating to the story. The game has a unique grading system that gives the player points if they do the following:
- Completing the mission
- Traveling longer distances to get to the objectives
- Taking less time to complete the objectives
- Catching airtime
- Smashing up roadside objects(i.e. boxes, tables and chairs, newspaper stands etc.)
- Performing stunts(e.g. drifting round corners or driving on two wheels, which can only be done in MINI Coopers.
However the player can penalised for:
- Crashing into other vehicles
- Damaging the car
- Using the "respot" option.
There are four other modes, Circuit Racing, in which you race other cars around tracks in Hollywood or LA, or even in the Metro or on the Dam,(this mode is the only one that supports two player) Stunt Mode, where you drive MINI's around courses getting as many points as possible, Free Ride, where you can drive around at your leisure, (if you get Grade A in all Story Mode missions, you can have the option of having Police chasing you as well) and finally Time Trial, where you can practice the Circuit Mode tracks.
This is a list of the playable vehicles in the game, unlockable by getting Grade A in Story Mode missions.
- MINI Cooper, which has four colours: white, blue, green and blue Union Jack (has Union Jack painted on the roof).
- MINI Cooper S, which has three colours: red, black and red Union Jack.
- Original MINI Cooper, which has four colours, red, white, blue (a reference to the original The Italian Job) and green Union Jack.
- Muscle car (similar to the original Ford Mustang)
- Rental car
- Surveillance van
- Cable TV van
- Saloon car
- Armoured truck
- Henchman SUV
- Los Angeles Police Department police car
- Supercar (similar to the Aston Martin Vanquish)
Also, all cars except the Mini's explode when wrecked.
Differences from the film
- In the last mission of the game, Payback, you play as Charlie chasing Steve in his supercar around LA. In the film, Steve is in his chopper, and he is chasing Charlie, not vice versa.
- At the end of the film, Steve is taken away by the local Mafia. In the game, he crashes into a LAPD roadblock, and is captured.
- In the film, Stella's office is in the middle of Philadelphia, not on the coast of Hollywood, as it is in the game.
- In the game, all the missions take place at daytime. In the film, two missions (Restaurant Rendezvous and Volatile Venture) take place at night.
- In the film, when the three bullion vans are leaving Steve's house, Handsome Rob is in his white MINI. In the game, he's in his muscle car.
- On the Los Angeles County Metro Rail platform (in the film), there is only one track beside the platform. In the game, there are two tracks either side of the platform, and the trains do not move.