The Movies: Stunts and Effects is an expansion pack for the PC business simulation game The Movies. The expansion pack is developed by Lionhead Studios. It was released on June 6, 2006 in North America and June 16, 2006 in the UK.
The expansion pack adds stunts, stunt men, new props, effects, sets and costumes to the game. New features allow players to add stunt doubles to replace their actors to prevent injuries. Helicopters and other fast moving land and airborne objects are available. The new expansion pack introduces the 'Free-Cam' feature that allows players to move and position the camera as they like in any scenes. The player is able to buy sets like Wild West Bedroom. There were changes to The Movies Online with the release of the game. Some of the new sets include: Blue and Green Screens and Miniature Cities for giant creatures of your choosing.
Extra features on the Mac version
The Movies: Stunts and Effects for Mac, developed by Robosoft has 3 Mac specific features
- Using iTunes Music library for the Sound Track
Support for iTunes is seamlessly integrated into The Movies for Mac. This means that when you're editing the soundtrack in Post-Production, you can use any of the files from your iTunes Music Library to create a professional sounding score.
- Using GarageBand and iMovieFX sample
The list of sound effects and samples you can use in The Movies Post-Production is hugely increased by the built-in support for GarageBand and iMovie
- Simple Sharing with Flip4Mac WMV Studio
To share the creations with other fans of The Movies around the world, one needs to upload movies to The Movies Online website in Windows Media format, not QuickTime. To allow Mac users to do this, Feral has bundled Telestream's Flip4Mac Studio for free with the game.
- SFX: Scrolling Background (a set that has a background with 3 scrolling background layers)
- SFX: Miniature City (a set for monster or aerial fight movies)
- SFX: Devastated Miniature City (a set which has a futuristic post-armageddon after a monster or alien has attacked)
- Wild West: Traveling Automobile (Wild West Carriage) (an expansion for the automobile moving backdrop set)
- SFX: Blue Screen (a rural set to have an actor fall to his/her death or to film a movie as if it took place in different locations)
- SFX: Green Screen (a perfect set to show a spaceship battle or something else)
- Sci-Fi: Bridge 4 (a wider, much bigger bridge that is more futuristic)
- Sci-Fi: Corridor 4 (the corridor to Bridge 4)
- Sci-Fi: Corridor 5 (another corridor to Bridge 4)
- Urban: Municipal Reception
- Suburban: Bathroom 2 (a second bathroom)
- Wild West: Saloon Bedroom (an expansion to the Saloon set)
- War: Barracks
- Tropical: Jungle (a perfect tropical adventure environment)
- Urban: Commercial City Street (a street that has an advertisement for the first game and the city hall)