Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
The Political Machine 2008 is a government simulation game from Stardock, in which the player leads a campaign to elect the President of the United States. The player accomplishes this goal by traveling from state to state and engaging in a variety of activities to either raise money or raise poll numbers. It is the sequel to The Political Machine released in 2004. The Political Machine 2008 features new characters such as Barack Obama and John McCain. The game focuses on much more current issues and the constant need for money.
The game also features 3 more scenarios, election in the American Civil war, an election taking place in European Union (which has different names on some countries) and an alien world.
The developers have said that they will add new content into the game before November 4 (the election) and will update the issues as they change in importance. New candidates are also planned once minor bugs are ironed out.
- Fmr. President Bill Clinton (D-AR)
- Secretary of State Hillary Clinton (D-NY)
- Fmr. Sen. John Edwards (D-NC)
- Fmr. Vice President Al Gore (D-TN)
- Sen. John Kerry (D-MA)
- President Barack Obama (D-IL)
- Gov. Bill Richardson (D-NM)
- Fmr. President Jimmy Carter (D-GA) - unlock
- Fmr. President John F Kennedy (D-MA) - unlock
- Fmr. President Lyndon B. Johnson (D-TX) - unlock
- Fmr. President Woodrow Wilson (D-NJ) - unlock
- Fmr. President Thomas Jefferson (DR-VA) - unlock
- Fmr. Senator Mike Gravel (D-AK) - download
- Rep. Dennis Kucinich (D-OH) - download
- Vice President Joe Biden (D-DE) - download
- Lord Kona (fictional)
- Fmr. President George W. Bush (R-TX)
- Fmr. Vice-President Dick Cheney (R-WY)
- Fmr. New York City Mayor Rudy Giuliani (R-NY)
- Sen. John McCain (R-AZ)
- Rep. Ron Paul (R-TX)
- Fmr. Governor Mitt Romney (R-MA)
- Fmr. President Ulysses S. Grant (R-OH) - unlock
- Fmr. President Richard Nixon (R-CA) - unlock
- Fmr. President Ronald Reagan (R-CA) - unlock
- Fmr. President Theodore Roosevelt (R-NY) - unlock
- Fmr. President George Washington (VA) -unlock
- Fmr. President Abraham Lincoln (R-IL) - unlock
- Fmr. Governor Mike Huckabee (R-AR) - download
- Fmr. Governor Sarah Palin (R-AK) - download
The Political Machine received mixed reviews, with a Metacritic average of 73%. IT Reviews said that "the gameplay is sufficiently engrossing and varied to keep your interest". Gamespy called it "a really solid 'beer & pretzels' strategy game". 1UP.com complained that "with more focus on the real-world conflicts and unpredictable events that plague campaigns, running for office might be a bit less tiresome".
- ↑ Stardock. The Political Machine 2008 lets gamers run for President
- ↑ The Political Machine forum post (about halfway down the page)
- ↑ George Washington was an independent, but the game only allows for a two-party system
- ↑ http://www.itreviews.co.uk/games/g504.htm IT Reviews
- ↑ http://uk.pc.gamespy.com/pc/the-political-machine-2008/883324p1.html Gamespy
- ↑ http://www.1up.com/do/reviewPage?cId=3168376&p=1 1UP.com
- The Political Machine official website
- The Political Machine 2008 Q&A: Tackling the Issues Gamespot
- The Political Machine 2008 Page