Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
|This article may contain original research. Please improve it by verifying the claims made and adding references. Statements consisting only of original research may be removed. More details may be available on the talk page. (February 2008)|
The Secrets of Atlantis: The Sacred Legacy is a fantasy adventure computer game developed by The Adventure Company and published by Dreamcatcher Interactive, and released in 2007. It's the fifth and latest game in the Atlantis series started by Cryo, and the second one made by The Adventure Company.
In 1937, Howard Brooks, a young aeronautical engineer, returns from a conference in Germany. On board the Hindenburg zeppelin taking him to New York, Howard is attacked by members of an occult sect.
When Howard wakes up in the Hindenburg he finds himself alone. Eventually he meets a man claiming to have followed him for a long time, and that he and Howard are the last ones left on the zeppelin.
He soon learns that these evildoers covet the mysterious secret of a forgotten civilization of which, it seems, he is the heir. Convinced that Howard has a key element of their research, they decide to set a trap for him.
Caught up by his past, Howard sets out on an adventure that leads him, by turns, to several locations: Macao, an Indian palace, a temple in Mesopotamia, the Empire State Building in New York, and finally, the lost continent of Atlantis.
The gameplay is similar to any of the other Atlantis games. You move around in a first person view, similar to Myst or Ages.
- In many countries, as well as the games own titlescreen and installation, the game is only named "The Secrets of Atlantis" with no undertitle.
- The game takes place in 1937, placing the game between Atlantis Evolution and Atlantis III: The New World.
Changes during Development
- The games original title was Atlantis V, as seen on various sites such as Gamespot.
- Atlantis Interactive Entertainment who made the game, was sold to Nobilis changing the developer which originally was The Adventure Company.
Differences from the other games
- A completely new Logo was introduced to the series, replacing the 10 year old one.
- The game is set up in a comicbook style when it comes to talking and using items.
- A new menu screen replacing the one used in Atlantis II, III and Evolution.
- The art direction doesn't try to be as realistic as before.
- No atlantian flying-ship is seen on the cover, not even as the icon used to represent the series since Atlantis III.
- When Howard talks, you see him in the down left corner, in the previous games the camera have changed entirerly to show the character in control.fr:The Secrets of Atlantis : L'Héritage sacré