The Sims 3: Ambitions is the second expansion pack for the strategic life simulation computer game The Sims 3. It was released in June 2010. The Sims 3: Ambitions introduces new career opportunities and control mechanisms into gameplay. Manipulation of Sims' career progressions, actions and interactions during their working are feasible. Additional career pathways introduce a diversity of skill sets available for acquisition. These features, which were absent in The Sims 3, give players greater control of their Sims' career pathways, choices and lives.
The Sims 3: Ambitions is a career-based expansion pack and introduces new career pathways. Such examples of career pathways include firefighting, investigator and stylist. Fulfilment of duties and tasks associated with careers are committed by the players. Firefighters maintain equipment, extinguish hazardous fires, rescue Sims from burning buildings and clear rubble. Investigators solve cases and mysteries by convincing or bribing Sims for information, breaking into homes for clues or stealing items for evidence. Stylists are hired by neighbors to offer fashion advice and provide makeovers. The success or failure of task and duty outcomes is controlled by the players.
Implementation of the Skill Careers features increase career opportunities and enables for self-employment. Self-employed Sims utilize their existing skills to create products, such as paintings, home grown produce or literature works, and profit from their works.
Tattooing and stylist careers enable players to modify other Sims. The complexity of the tattoo system allow for players to produce unique designs by selecting tattoo shapes, colors and layers, and stylists design outfits and hairstyles. These examples bridge Create-a-Sim Mode and Live Mode, meaning real-time modification of Sims is practical for the first time in Sims series.
Scott Evans, General Manager of The Sims studio said, "The variety of careers to choose from is unmatched and we've never given players the opportunity to follow their Sims to work and affect their actions on the job. The Sims 3 Ambitions changes that. Players' actions at work now directly affect their lives, community and neighbors and become an extremely important part of how the game is played."
Associate Producer Grant Rodiek explained that career-based gameplay was something that the team had always wanted to do. "We always strive to do something new that hasn't been seen in The Sims before." Rodiek explained the main focus of an expansion pack relied on three elements: community feedback, what the development team wants to do and software limitations.
Several famous artists were hired to record songs in Simlish for The Sims 3: Ambitions.Robi Kauker, Audio Director for The Sims Studio at EA said "Each time we set out to create a soundtrack for an expansion pack, it's always exciting matching the vibe of the game to the music by our incredible lineup of extremely diverse artists. It's fun hearing hit tracks in the language of The Sims, and I think fans will be pleased to find their favorites songs and artists throughout this game, and will no doubt discover new bands to follow in The Sims 3 Ambitions." 
|The Sims 3 Ambitions soundtrack|
|1.||"Need You Now"||Lady Antebellum||4:38|
|4.||"Bang Bang"||Melanie Fiona||3:28|
|5.||"Make My Heart"||Toni Braxton||3:27|
|7.||"Shark in the Water"||VV Brown||3:02|
|8.||"Number One Enemy"||Daisy Dares You||3:47|
|9.||"This Too Shall Pass"||OK Go||3:08|
|10.||"Early Morning"||Old 97's||2:50|
|11.||"As Long As There Is Whiskey In The World"||Murder by Death||3:15|
|13.||"Cooler Than Me"||Mike Posner||3:36|
|14.||"Jesus Stole My Girlfriend"||Violent Soho||2:57|
|16.||"Come And Get It"||Eli "Paperboy" Reed||3:33|
|17.||"Lock My Heart Down"||Hal Linton||3:16|
|18.||"Until It's Gone"||Radney Foster And The Confessions||4:01|
- ↑ The Sims 3: Ambitions for PC. GameSpot United States. CBS Interactive. Retrieved on June 4, 2010.
- ↑ The Sims 3: Ambitions for PC. GameSpot Australia. CBS Interactive. Retrieved on June 4, 2010.
- ↑ 3.0 3.1 Ambitions - The Game - Community - The Sims 3. EA Canada. Electronic Arts (2010). Retrieved on June 4, 2010.
- ↑ 4.0 4.1 4.2 4.3 The Sims 3 Ambitions Q&A - Exclusive First Details. GameSpot. CBS Interactive (4 March, 2010). Retrieved on March 11, 2010.
- ↑ 5.0 5.1 5.2 Hopkins, Tom (8th April 2010). Ambitious: Sims 3 Ambitions Interview. NowGamer. Imagine Publishing..
- ↑ 6.0 6.1 Electronic Arts (March 4, 2010). "EA Announces The Sims 3 Ambitions Expansion Pack". Press release. http://www.ea.com/news/ea-announces-sims-3-ambitions-expansion-pack. Retrieved June 5, 2010.
- ↑ 7.0 7.1 IGN (May 18, 2010). "Rise Against, Lady Antebellum, and Toni Braxton Sing for EA's The Sims 3 Ambitions". Press release. http://au.pc.ign.com/articles/109/1090746p1.html. Retrieved August 12, 2010.