|This article is a Stub. You can help by adding to it.|
The SpongeBob SquarePants Movie Game is a SpongeBob SquarePants video game, based on the film, which is based on the show. It is also a spiritual sequel to SpongeBob SquarePants: Battle for Bikini Bottom, for it shares nearly identical gameplay. The game was released on February 6, 2005.
The plot of the video game is very similar to the film. King Neptune's crown has been stolen by Plankton and SpongeBob and Patrick must retrieve it from where Plankton sold it to: Shell City. A few areas in the game are not seen in the film, such as the level "Drive of the Knucklehead-McSpazatron", where SpongeBob and Patrick must drive through Planktopolis to get to the Krusty Krab, in "Shell City dead ahead" where SpongeBob and Patrick go through a junkyard, and where SpongeBob and Patrick must escape Gooberland (their dreams) by following the Goofy Goober in the Patty Wagon. And later again to the Krusty Krab 2, in the Patty Wagon (requiring several Goober Tokens to get it back as this is in their reality, not their dreams)
- Tom Kenny - SpongeBob SquarePants, French Narrator
- Bill Fagerbakke - Patrick Star
- Clancy Brown - Mr. Krabs
- Mr. Lawrence - Plankton
- Jeffrey Tambor - King Neptune
- Scarlett Johansson - Princess Mindy
- Fred Tatasciore - Dennis, Various Voices
- Jim Wise - Various Voices
- S. Scott Bullock - Various Voices
- Debi Mae West - Various Voices
Console versions - As mentioned, the gameplay is similar to those from Battle for Bikini Bottom. There are 18 levels in the game that loosely follow the storyline of the movie.
PC versions - The gameplay is similar to that of Employee Of The Month.
Game Boy Advance version - There are 6 worlds to progress through, plus many bonus levels.
- This game received a Platinum Hits release for Xbox.
- This game received a Player's Choice release for the GameCube.
- This game received a Greatest Hits release for the PlayStation 2.