Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
|Theme Park World|
Bullfrog Productions Wiki
Theme Park World (also known as Sim Theme Park in the United States and Brazil) is a construction and management simulation, and is a sequel to the successful 1994 video game Theme Park. Theme Park World was developed by Bullfrog Productions and released by Electronic Arts in 1999. Initially developed for Windows, it was later ported to PlayStation and PlayStation 2, as well for Mac OSs. The Mac version was published by Feral Interactive.
Although there's no connection with Maxis's Sim titles, both Maxis and Bullfrog are owned by Electronic Arts, so it is still seen as part of the Sim series. It was followed by Theme Park Inc (also known as Sim Coaster) in 2000.
Using platinum tickets, users were able to buy new rides, attractions, shops and features on the game's website. Most of the staff the user can hire in Theme Park World are named after people who worked on the game.
There are 4 different types of parks to unlock and build, known as Worlds. Each World has different rides. As you unlock new areas, the game becomes progressively harder. The Worlds are:
- LOST Kingdom, a jungle theme park with Aztec castles and dinosaurs. This along with Halloween World is the first world you begin with, but Wonderland and Space Zone can be unlocked later on with Golden Keys. This park, along with Halloween World, are the easiest.
- Halloween World, a scary theme park with ghostly rides and haunted houses. This world, along with the Lost Kingdom only need one Golden Key to unlock. Both this park and Lost Kingdom are the easiest to play at.
- Wonderland, the second to last unlocked and second hardest level. A fantasy theme park. Three Golden Keys are needed to unlock this world.
- Space Zone, the final and hardest level. A futuristic theme park with spaceships and aliens. Five Golden Keys are needed to unlock this world.
The user also has the option of changing the names of the Worlds.
- Official Theme Park World website
- Sim Theme Park at MobyGames
- Theme Park World at GameSpot
- Theme Park World at ThemeParkGame.com
- Usermade Theme Park World Windows 2000/XP Fix
- SafeDisc Windows XP Fix by Microsoft