Tilted Mill Entertainment is a video game developer located in Framingham, Massachusetts. It was founded in 2001 by former Impressions Games lead designer and general manager Chris Beatrice, business manager Peter Haffenreffer, and designer Jeff Fiske.
The company employs 20 staff in design, programming, creative, and administrative roles. Tilted Mill is a reference to Don Quixote. Tilted Mill developed the fifth sequel of the SimCity series, titled SimCity Societies (all previous titles had been developed by Maxis).
On July 11, 2008 Tilted Mill announced the creation of their first independent game entitled Hinterland. According to Tilted Mills website "In Hinterland, you build up and lead a small village, populated by simple townsfolk struggling to survive and prosper in the wild back country of a medieval fantasy world." The game was released on Steam on 30 September 2008.
Video games developed
- Immortal Cities: Children of the Nile, a city-building game set in ancient Egypt and published through Myelin Media
- Children of the Nile: Alexandria, city pack for Children of the Nile.
- Caesar IV, a city-building game set in ancient Rome and published through Sierra Entertainment
- SimCity Societies, a city-building game that is part of the Sim franchise.
- Mosby's Confederacy
- Nile Online, a web game in the same vein as Children of the Nile.
- Hinterland: Orc Lords
- ↑ Lee, Garnett (2007-06-05). SimCity Societies Under Construction. 1up.com. Retrieved on 2007-06-05.
- ↑ Lee, Garnett (2008-07-11). The day has finally arrived!. tiltedmill.com. Retrieved on 2008-07-12.
- ↑ Immortal Cities: Nile Online Beta Sign-Ups. gamershell.com (2008-10-29). Retrieved on 2008-11-01.