|TrackMania Turbo (2016)|
|This article is a Stub. You can help by adding to it.|
TrackMania Turbo (commonly abbreviated TMT) is a game in the TrackMania series, first announced on June 15, 2015 by Ubisoft at E3 2015. While it is available for Microsoft Windows like most of its predecessors, this marks the first time that a TrackMania title is available for the PlayStation 4 and Xbox One consoles.
The game features four new environments: Canyon Grand Drift, Valley Down & Dirty, International Stadium and Lagoon Rollercoaster, which are upgraded versions of Stadium, Canyon, and Valley. There are 200 tracks in the Solo Campaign, which are divided into five levels and are all in Race mode. Players can win bronze, silver and gold medals, but instead of an author medal, players are awarded as a "Track Master."
The track builder from previous games returns too, and there are three levels of complexity: Beginner, Normal and Advanced, each one allowing more possibilities. The editor also features the new "Track Generator" in which players can generate random tracks. Another returning feature is the paint editor, though players are limited to how they can customize their cars. However, they have the ability to customize their helmets too.
A new "Double Driver" mode is also included in which two players will drive one car at the same time. Split Screen is featured as well.
The game was first announced on June 15, 2015 by Ubisoft at E3 2015, and was originally set to be released on November 27, 2015 in Europe and on December 1, 2015 in North America. However, on October 1 2015, it was announced that the game was delayed to Early 2016 so that more time could be given to further polish the game. On February 5, 2016, new release dates was confirmed; March 22, 2016 in North America and March 24, 2016 in Europe.
On August 18, 2016, Ubisoft announced that the PlayStation 4 version of the game would be getting PlayStation VR on November 8.
- This is the first of several things:
- The first game in the series to share its title with a previous game's. Coincidentally, both games have four environments.
- The first game developed by Nadeo to be available on console.
- The first game in the series since TrackMania: Build to Race to be available on console.
- Also since Build to Race, the first game not under the TrackMania 2 title or for ManiaPlanet.
- The first game in the series or by Nadeo to be available on multiple platforms.
- This is the fourth game in the TrackMania series to be available on console after TrackMania DS, TrackMania: Build to Race, and the other TrackMania Turbo.
- TrackMania Turbo (2016) on Steam
- TrackMania Turbo (2016) on SteamDB
- TrackMania Turbo (2016) on Uplay