Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
TrackMania United (commonly abbreviated TMU) is a game in the TrackMania series. It was first announced on June 30, 2006 and was released on November 17, 2006 in France, Canada, Belgium and the French-speaking part of Switzerland, December 22, 2006 in Russia, February 23, 2007 in Germany, March 9, 2007 in the rest of Europe, March 23, 2007 in North America and June 14, 2007 on Steam.
TrackMania United is a compilation of all the previous TrackMania games. It features all seven of the environments: Desert, Rally, Snow, Island, Coast, Bay and Stadium, and three solo modes: Race, Puzzle and Platform.
Playing in the campaign earns players coppers which can be used to buy new cars, new tracks, replays, videos, and entry into tournaments. The winner of the tournament takes away a jackpot. Players start the game with 50 coppers and they can earn extra coppers by playing through the game in solo and online modes.
The track editor has also returned with many more blocks to use for Stadium, including dirt roads, indoor sections and pools, and for the first time on that environment, you can respawn at checkpoints. Another new road block, for the Desert, Rally, Snow and Stadium environments, is the engine cut-off. Upon driving over this special road piece, the car's engine will turn off, causing the car to free wheel until it reaches a checkpoint or respawns at the previous one.
The game has a new peer-to-peer networking system that makes it easier to share content, as well as a ranking system. Another new feature is ManiaZones in which groups players by geographical location. There is also ManiaLink in which each player has their own personal webpage which displays their stats and creations.
The game features ManiaCode as an in-game download system, as well as ManiaLink, which is used to give players their own personal webpages.
- TrackMania United and TrackMania United Forever, each with seven environments, are tied for having the most environments of any game in the series. TrackMania: Build to Race comes in second with six environments.
- The music used in this game, except for the menu music, would later be used in TrackMania United Forever and TrackMania Nations Forever. TrackMania DS has remixed versions of the themes, including the menu music.
- This is the first of several things:
- The first game in the TrackMania series to feature the Desert, Rally, Snow and Stadium environments in Night mood.
- The first game in the TrackMania series to feature the Stadium environment in the Sunrise and Sunset moods.
- The first game in which you can respawn at checkpoints in the Stadium environments.
- In the solo campaign, there are no Rally or Coast tracks in Platform and Puzzle mode and no Snow tracks in Platform mode.