Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
Trail of the Twister is the 22nd installment in the Nancy Drew PC series by Her Interactive. It is based on the 155th Nancy Drew novel The Mystery in Tornado Alley. Nancy travels to Oklahoma to investigate a mysterious string of accidents as the Canute storm-chasing team competes for a $100,000,000 prize.
A string of bad accidents has plagued the Canute storm-chasing team, who are competing in the Green Skies competition. Nancy Drew is sent to the team by P.G. Krolmeister to investigate. She becomes the team intern, replacing the previous intern, Pete, who broke his leg in the latest of the accidents. Nancy has to keep her wits about her, as not only does she have to expose a saboteur, but also is in danger from the powerful storms.
Scott Varnell: A professor at Canute College and the leader of the Canute chase team.
Debbie Kircum: The team's project manager. Nancy reports to her for tasks at the beginning of each day.
Chase Relerford: The team mechanic. He's always found in the barn. Nancy can earn Pa Pennies from him by working on circuit boards.
Tobias "Frosty" Harlow: The team photographer. He earned his nickname when he took iconic pictures of a hailstorm.
Pa: Owner of Ma 'n' Pa's General Store. He's very friendly and enjoys working in theater.
Brooke Tavanah: Leader of the rival Kingston University chase team.
As in all Nancy Drew games, there are ways the player can be fired,and lose the game. However, a "Second Chance" screen will show up and the player may try again from the point they failed. You can lose by:
- Crashing the car too many times
- Driving into a hailstorm after repairing the antennae
- Failing to unlock the storm shelter in time
- Leaving the storm shelter too soon
- Driving directly into the twister during the final chase
- There is an easy way to earn lots of Pa Pennies from the Land Rush game. If you select one square on your first turn, then quickly back away from the screen, the machine will give you the maximum number of Pa Pennies you can earn for whichever level you're on.
Warnings at Waverly Academy
|Nancy Drew Computer Games|| Succeeded by|
Secrets Can Kill Remastered