Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
Ubisoft Massive (formerly Massive Entertainment) is a Swedish video game company based in Malmö, Sweden. The company is fully owned by Ubisoft. They are best known for the Ground Control series of real-time tactics video games. They were acquired by Vivendi Universal in 2002. Their latest release was World in Conflict, which has been described in interviews on the company's official website as a further development of the real-time tactics gameplay formula from the Ground Control games, but set in our world, during the late Cold War. It has also been described as being the largest project for Massive Entertainment so far, with a huge budget. The game was released on September 18, 2007 and won wide critical acclaim, including nominations for one of the best games of 2007.
On August 6, Activision Blizzard put up Massive Entertainment for sale after reorganizations within the company after the merger of Activision and Vivendi Games. On November 10, 2008, Ubisoft acquired Massive Entertainment.
In March 2009, former CEO Martin Walfisz left Ubisoft Massive.
- Ground Control (2000 - PC)
- Ground Control: Dark Conspiracy (2000 - PC)
- Ground Control II: Operation Exodus (2004 - PC)
- World in Conflict (2007 - PC)
- World in Conflict: Soviet Assault (2009 - PC)
- ↑ http://www.ubisoftgroup.com/index.php?p=62&cart_id=37
- ↑ http://www.mobygames.com/company/massive-entertainment
- ↑ Jason Ocampo (2008-08-06). Massive Sell Off. IGN. Retrieved on 2008-08-06.
- ↑ Ubisoft Acquires Massive Entertainment. Retrieved on 2008-08-06.
- ↑ Matt Martin. Massive Entertainment founder leaves studio. gamesindustry.biz. Retrieved on 2009-07-13.