Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
And here's a few new tidbits we've been able to ascertain from this video:
- The level timer is back from the classic Mario games. There are also clocks you can pick up to extend the timer, like the green fruit from Super Mario World.
- Levels will switch between 2D and 3D seemlessly like they did in the Super Mario Galaxy games.
- The Tanooki Suit works like it did in Super Mario Bros. 3. You can hover for a short time, but apparently you don't need a running start anymore to do it. There are also Tanooki Goombas. God help us all.
- The health bar has been eschewed in favour of the old-fashioned Small Mario/Super Mario/Powerup Mario system.
- Similar to New Super Mario Bros., you can touch the bottom screen to bring a powerup to the top and use it there. The demo started with the Tanooki suit in the bottom already.
- I saw something that looked like a Comet Coin from Super Mario Galaxy 2.
- The 3D does...something. It's unclear what, because it was turned on off-camera, but it was enough to impress Mr. Holmes.
Overall, this is a highly informative and slightly disturbing video. Let's hope Mr. Holmes remembered to clean the Nintendo 3DS before passing it to the next person in line.