The new game footers are brought to you by Encyclopedia Gamia and our very own Game Hub. The basic goal is simple: draw together Wikia communities in one location that enjoy the same genres and hopefully expose them to some new games and communities they might be interested in. Our secondary goal is to try and connect editors looking for help with members and administrators from other wikias who are interested in helping them out, whether it be with content, technical knowledge, or insight gleaned from running a community.
- Note: Sites should only be submitted by the administration team of a site. If there is no team or the admin team has been inactive for six or more months, feel free to submit!
If you haven't already been approached, feel free to include your site in the submission section below in the genre you feel is most appropriate for the game you cover. Note that, with rare exception, a game should only be placed in one footer.
Here are some other things to consider:
- A member or members of the site should be willing to help those that might ask for assistance in creating their own wikia. Obviously this is at member discretion; members aren't absolutely required to answer every request for help, nor should they if the query is unrealistic and/or no one has the know-how.
- Sites should have:
- A well-organized main page at the very least; this includes the navigation bar at the top
- Wordmark and site background
- About 100 pages of content. We realize the page count is unrealistic in some instances, so that will be determined on a case-by-case basis.
- Any site participating in the footer will have a page created on the Game Hub for their franchise for more exposure. Members are encouraged to double-check this entry once it is live and may take ownership of the page.
- Any site participating in the footer will have each individual game in their franchise created on Encyclopedia Gamia for more exposure. Members are encouraged to double-check these entries once they are live and may take ownership of the pages.
- Backgrounds are transparent and links/text are set to match the site's settings.
- The new footers are mobile-friendly.
- Though intended to stretch the entire width of a main page, the footer can also fit into the left rail, if so desired.
In most cases a game can fit into multiple categories, so the best should be chosen when possible that most closely matches the genre. Rogue-like games, for instance, aren't included because many games feature stealth elements. Instead, they can be found within the Action-Adventure footer.
Should the situation arise where another footer is potentially needed, one may be created, but only if 1) the genre can't be included in any other category and 2) there are enough games for the footer.
For footers that were created and maintained by Wikia staff, these will be removed at the end of September. If a site was approved for the new footers, it will be added in place of the old footer.
Footers created by users will not be touched at this time.
Please note: any footers having the Wikia logo, the original logo from the old gaming footers, or adapted from the old footer will be counted among footers that are removed.
If you'd still like to keep the old footer, not maintained by Wikia staff, keep the following in mind:
- The lists are very dated. Many of the wikias are small and abandoned since they were listed, and some are even abandoned without having been fully built.
- If you want to keep the list, please remove any Wikia-based logos and links to the Hub. We're attempting to officially sponsor the new footers, so we want to limit any confusion over who is responsible for upkeep ;)
- It is entirely possible to have multiple footers if you still want both the old list and a new footer. Your community will not be excluded.