The portals and the main page setup is starting to look like a link farm again. Since you took out the featured article on main page and key Wikia gaming pages on the portal of genres it looks like just another bunch of wikia link farms no different from the main wikia gaming page--Cs california 23:48, 2 April 2008 (UTC)
- Also there are too many templates to keep track of so it will get a bit messy--Cs california 23:51, 2 April 2008 (UTC)
- Dont worry, I will help fix them up there are too many template I suggest we redesign the community portal for Updating portals/mainpage. Updating stuff is the key to keep things fresh. By the way you need a logo for main page. --Cs california 00:20, 3 April 2008 (UTC)
- Pages should be removed. Its a hassle to sort and fix all of them since more than 90% is junk. I rather start from scratch than sort. The pywikipediabot also can be used to categorize images and create pages(but much later on).--Cs california 06:17, 10 April 2008 (UTC)
Great job creating this feature. But is there a way to add to insert more relevant categories? Or a checkbox to insert templates? But the General template is awsome and will save lots of editing time.--Cs california 23:49, 17 April 2008 (UTC)
- You can view the documentation for Special:CreatePage here. You can set a default category by specifying <!---category="<text>"--->, but beyond that, I believe it just uses the categories with the highest numbers of articles. --KyleH (talk) 23:55, 17 April 2008 (UTC)
Moved to User_talk:Cs_california
Wikia Gaming:Puzzle ChallengeEdit
I think this is a nice idea to attract more users. It looks like you will have trouble designing questions without people checking.--Cs california 20:20, 6 June 2008 (UTC)
Puzzle Challenge Edit
No one seemed to be replying on the Puzzle 4 Discussion, so I thought I'd ask here:
- I've decoded the message, I think, and if I'm right then the riddle is extremely well hidden - it doesn't seem possible to reincrypt the decoding key, and the only possible "riddle" I can think of in the message itself leads nowhere. Just to check if I'm decoding it correctly - should a, i, o, r, and w have multiple letters that they decode as?KrytenKoro 06:36, 7 June 2008 (UTC)
- Yes, some letters will decode to more than one more than one letter. In regards to the question that you asked on IRC, you are correct about the number of letters in the article name that you will get, but the solution should also reveal a wiki name as well. --KyleH (talk) 07:08, 7 June 2008 (UTC)
- The third puzzle, though - you might want to make it clear what article to go to once you get to the correct wiki. I know it's fairly obvious, but still.KrytenKoro 23:48, 7 June 2008 (UTC)
puzzle 2 Edit
I can't seem to find the article on the wiki of the solution.
The "article name" (upper part) is a character "class" of that wiki (actually should be a race) and the wiki (lower part) is a yet-to-be released 360 action game. SYSS Mouse 19:05, 18 June 2008 (UTC)
- It sounds like you have the wiki name correct, but it sounds like you haven't found the correct article name. Try punching the exact phrase from the top section in to the search engine box on that page. --KyleH (talk) 19:09, 18 June 2008 (UTC)
Front page looks a little screwed up. Was wikia changing some tags or something?--Cs california 00:06, 27 June 2008 (UTC)
- The new version of Monaco adds a new ad in the upper-right corner of the main page. In order to make sure things look good and work properly, I added some tags that give the right column a fixed width of 300 pixels, then I moved the boxes around a little to make that layout look right. --KyleH (talk) 20:52, 30 June 2008 (UTC)
- Ah I see. It just looks weird to me because I use monobook --Cs california 02:01, 1 July 2008 (UTC)
What happened? Is anyone going? Will I be the only one there?--AlphaTwo 13:17, 26 August 2008 (UTC)
- Yeah! Doug and I will be there, as well as our two winners (Mordsith and Gendreavus). We're going to try to meet for breakfast on Saturday morning. Email me and I'll fill you in on the details. --KyleH (talk) 21:23, 26 August 2008 (UTC)
Death Note Wiki Edit
Hello there. I don't know if you remember me or my e-mail from a week ago, yet I wanted to get in contact with you. I took your advice to wait a week for this user to appear, when today Dreamanderson finally decided to show his "face" after over two (2) weeks neglecting Death Note Wiki. However, when he did stop in, very briefly, he chose to completely ignore my most sincere request to join the site, deciding instead to begin reverting and squelching all my valid and helpful contributions once again. After this, I would be very lucky to see any sign of him for at least another few weeks...
It is my sincere belief that this user will continue to undermine my (and other user's) edits in order to merely suit his ego. In the past 3 weeks, I've done everything within my ability for this Wiki, which is more than he's done in a year! All that, only to be treated like dirt by this person who has a power complex as well as an addiction to cocaine. The way that this user enacts his Napoleon-like issues and flaunts his drug abuse is a disgrace to Wikia.com. It is also a very negative image for all the users who seek help, guidance and advice in regards to Death Note Wiki, all of which they never get from this so-called "sysop."
This user has no intention to work with me (or others) as a team, which is how a Community works. This kid only desires the power to alone have complete rule over the website that he himself was only appointed to a few months ago! He has no interest in allowing me or other people to help out, which is ironic, as he never shows up but once a month. Even then, what help is it for the Wiki to change little more than a couple letters, then disappearing again for who knows how long?! Please bring an end to this drama, as I have done all that I can and then some for the Wiki that I loyally defend and build up every day!
-Mogturmen 22:50, 3 October 2008 (UTC)
He Deleted the Brute Force page in the List of Xbox games 'B' Category.
Atlantica Wiki Edit
I was told to get in contact with you since I feel that a wiki such as Atlantica Wiki should be listed in the relevant Free to Play Games category here at Wikia gaming. --BBilge 11:23, 17 February 2009 (UTC)
- I agree ... the Atlantica Wiki looks awesome, and it would be perfect for the Free to Play Games category. So ... add it yourself! This is a wiki, like any other. I would suggest adding it to the Featured Content page, as well as the full wiki list. --KyleH (talk) 19:06, 17 February 2009 (UTC)
- This is a wiki, like any other. I realise that, but it seems to me like everyone would want their wiki competing for the top four spot in these featured lists. I would certainly want to put Atlantica Wiki as one of those four, but then I'd have to drop one of the ones already up there. This creates a problem for me since I don't really know what I can and can't do here. If I can do that, which one can I drop? These are questions that I were hoping that you could answer.
- Even in the featured list, I would think that to be fair, one would have to list the sites in some subjective manner, such as alphabetically. However they clearly aren't, and I'm not sure if their ordering is anything other than purely random. I realise there isn't rhyme and reason to everything, but I wanted to touch base with whoever oversees this stuff before I jump in and start doing things that I shouldn't. --BBilge 19:28, 17 February 2009 (UTC)
- There really isn't a whole lot of rhyme or reason as to why things are the way they are. I would recommend placing it at the top and removing the bottom entry on the featured wikis. Typically, on the Featured Content page, new entries go on top, and the oldest entry falls off the bottom. As for the top 4 spots on the full wiki list, it may be best just to leave that one alone and add it to the list below. That said, I don't think that anyone would yell at you if you were bold and added it there as well. As far as I know, no one is actively maintaining that page right now, so you wouldn't be stepping on any toes. --KyleH (talk) 19:40, 17 February 2009 (UTC)
- I forget where the link is, but given that we're probably still getting some Google juice off of the incoming link, I would leave it be. It's not really hurting anything anyway. It may be a good idea to change the redirect to the homepage instead though ... --KyleH (talk) 22:43, 6 April 2009 (UTC)