Vertigo Games is an independent video game developer founded in late 2000 by David Galindo. Vertigo Games has announced that the long term focus of the company is to develop commercial games for the PlayStation Network on the PS3. One of the most recent title from Vertigo Games is the puzzler greenTech, which was developed for the fourth quarterly YoYo Games competition titled "Save the World" where it won first place. David Galindo publishes games under the pseudonym "Mr. Chubigans".
List of Games
|Nocturnal Emmision||Platformer||2001[ ]||Rejected by Game Maker developer Mark Overmars|
|The Wal-Mart SUV Parking Lot Challenge!||Arcade||2001[ ]|
|The Wal-Mart SUV Parking Lot Challenge 2||Arcade||2001||Sequel to The Wal-Mart SUV Parking Lot Challenge!|
|The Fall of Atlantis||Adventure||2002||Second game in the Atlantis "Trilogy"; the third game was announced but not made.[ ]|
|Prisms of Light||Puzzle||2002[ ]|
|Prisms of Light 2||Puzzle||2003||Sequel to Prisms of Light[ ]|
|Ore No Ryomi||Simulation||2003|
|Exploding Crapola: Helicopter Cacophony 2||Action||2004||Sequel to Helicopter Cacophony|
|Ore No Ryomi 2||Simulation||2004||Sequel to Ore No Ryomi[ ]|
|Sandbox of God||Strategy||2004||Most downloaded Vertigo Games title|
|Liquisity||Platformer||2005||First level editor in a game by Vertigo Games|
|Vivid Conceptions||Adventure, Platformer||2006|
|Acidbomb 2||Puzzle, Strategy||2006||No longer available for download. Sequel to Acidbomb|
|Shellblast||Puzzle, Strategy||2007||Commercial title|
|The Winter Solstice||Arcade||2007||Entered into the first YoYo Games competition. Received Honourable Mention.|
|Spirits of Metropolis||Puzzle||2008||Commercial title. Graphics by Amanda Redmond.|
|greenTech||Simulation||2009||1st place winner of YoYo Games "Save the Planet" competition.|
|ShellblastHD||Puzzle, Strategy||2009||High quality edition of Shellblast for Xbox 360 Indie Games. Developed by Optum.|
|Kablooey!||Strategy||2009||Kablooey! made it to the final four in the 2BeeGames second competition.|
|Sandbox of God: Remastered Edition||Strategy||2010||Sequel to Sandbox of God|
|The Oil Blue||Simulation||2010||Commercial simulation title.|
|greenTech+||Simulation||2010||Comes free of charge when The Oil Blue is bought.|
A number of titles have been announced as to be in development by Vertigo Games.
Liquisity 2, a sequel to Liquisity, was announced on February 25, 2009. Since then, Galindo had made considerable progress on the game's engine before he decided to stop work on it in favor of Spirits of Metropolis, later cancelling the project "in its current form". In December 2009, he restarted the project, redoing the game plot and storyline, and started a fundraiser through Kickstarter to pay commercial artists for the assets. He announced that Sara Gross and Jonathan Geer will do the graphics and music work, respectively.
- ↑ MobyGames. Vertigo Games. Retrieved on 2009-04-05.
- ↑ 2.0 2.1 Mark Overmars. Competition 04 Winners. Retrieved on 2009-04-04.
- ↑ Mark Overmars. Nocturnal Emmision. Retrieved on 2010-04-29.
- ↑ MobyGames (2008-01-30). Ore no Ryomi. Retrieved on 2009-04-05.
- ↑ David Galindo. Sandbox of God. Retrieved on 2009-04-05.
- ↑ Home of the Underdogs (2009-03-21). Liquisity. Retrieved on 2010-05-17.
- ↑ "Serrellious". Liquisity on GameMakerGames. Retrieved on 2009-04-05.
- ↑ MobyGames (2008-01-12). Vivid Conceptions. Retrieved on 2009-04-05.
- ↑ David Galindo (2007-04-04). Acidbomb 2 GMC Release announcement. Retrieved on 2009-04-04.
- ↑ Mark Overmars (2008-01-10). Competition 1 Winners. Retrieved on 2009-04-05.
- ↑ David Galindo. Spirits of Metropolis. Retrieved on 2009-04-04.
- ↑ 2BeeGames. Top Ten Finalists for 2BeeGames. Retrieved on 2009-12-06.
- ↑ David Galindo. The Sandbox of God: Remastered now available!. Retrieved on 2010-04-26.
- ↑ David Galindo. New Game Announcement - The Oil Blue. Retrieved on 2009-11-12.
- ↑ David Galindo. This May in Vertigo Games…. Retrieved on 2010-05-06.
- ↑ David Galindo. NEW GAME ANNOUNCEMENT: greenTech Plus, the commercial sequel to the original!. Retrieved on 2010-06-22.
- ↑ David Galindo. New Game Announcement - Kablooey. Retrieved on 2009-07-26.
- ↑ David Galindo. Liquisity 2: Early Environnmental Preview. Retrieved on 2010-04-26.