Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
It is a prequel to Vietcong, occurring three months before the events of that game. In Fist Alpha you play the main character of Sergeant First Class Douglas Warren. All the members of the team from the original Vietcong are present initially except for Le Duy Nhut (Nick). The team's pointman and translator is Vietnamese Sergeant Nham Nguyen. He is killed in action during the attack on the Nui Pek base camp on 15 May 1967 and then he is replaced by Nhut.
In addition to the linear campaign, the game features several stand-alone single player maps and network and online multiplay.
- Capture the Flag (CTF) - players choose either US or VC side. Object is to capture the opponents flag and return to their flag while utilizing their combat skills. There are numerous clan sites dedicated to this particular game mode
- Cooperative (COOP) - Players enter each mission amongst other cooperative players. Every map can hold 6-12 players simultaneously. In-game voice chat is utilized, or an alternate teamspeak program (Teamspeak or Ventrilo) is used amongst cooperative clans. The mission is to get the entire team through each map without losing a teammate. (This is a challenging feat). When a player perishes, they must watch the other players until the mission is won or lost. One of the members of the team is elected (or chooses to be) the Teamleader. The teamleader sets mission objectives and gives orders. Orders are typically followed by the remaining teammates. If players run away from the group(ramboing), or fail to obey orders, they are kicked off the server. Since the game is now 5 years old, it has hundreds of "custom" cooperative maps (made by various cooperative communities)
- Deathmatch (DM) - Deathmatch is a free-for-all. Basically when the map loads, you have to locate a weapon. Once the weapon is found you hunt for other players. Players score points according to how many kills they get, and also how many kills they get from frags(grenades).
- Team Death Match (TDM) - Same as Deathmatch, but in this game mode a player chooses to be on either team. The team then tries to eliminate all members of the opposing team within a time limit. Some time limits vary between 5 minutes per match or longer. Clan sites tend to stage wars with each other in this game mode.
- Pentium III 700 MHz
- 256mb RAM
- 3D Accelerator w/ 32mb
- 16x CD-ROM
- 1.8gb Hard Drive Space
- 56k Modem for Online Play
- Original Vietcong Game