Wahoo Studios is a computer and video game development company based in Orem, Utah. Founded in 2001, the company largely served as consultants or on a contract basis working with larger gaming companies such as Electronic Arts, until more recently making a name for themselves. Historically, the development house has mostly been responsible for console games before breaking into full titles for the PC. With the release of the Xbox 360, the firm has once again moved back into the console domain, supporting Xbox Live Arcade with multiple releases, including Outpost Kaloki X.
When developing original titles using internal capital, Wahoo Studios is recognized as NinjaBee.
Events / History
Wahoo Studios owes its roots to another Utah-based video game developer, Saffire. As Saffire encountered difficulties in 2001, Steve Taylor, the founder and president of Wahoo Studios, as well as a number of other employees, left to find more stable employment elsewhere.
In January 2007, Wahoo Studios announced that they will be joining the Massively multiplayer online game genre with Saga, an MMORTS, based in a persistent world for the PC. However in August 2007, they have split - Saga Games and Silverlode Interactive will now handle development of the game.
- Space Station Tycoon - Strategy game for the Wii, scheduled for summer 2007 release.
- Saga - MMORTS for the PC released in 2008
- Piano Commando - A piano-playing game. Initial Windows version complete, continuing work on future versions and Macintosh release.
- XS Junior League Soccer - PlayStation 2 - A street soccer game.
- XS Junior League Football - PlayStation - A 5-a-side street-football game starring the XS Kids.
- XS Junior League Soccer - PlayStation - A 5-a-side street-soccer game starring the XS Kids.
- High Heat Major League Baseball 2004 - Nintendo GameCube - Wahoo Studios developed the GameCube version for 3DO, based on the PlayStation 2 and Xbox versions.
Titles released under NinjaBee
- Band of Bugs - Xbox 360 - Fast-paced Casual Tactics game for Xbox Live Arcade.
- Cloning Clyde - Xbox 360 - A side-scrolling action game for Xbox Live Arcade.
- Outpost Kaloki X - Xbox 360 - A space station management game for Xbox Live Arcade, also available as a download for Windows (as simply Outpost Kaloki).
- ↑ Wahoo/NinjaBee Culture: Part 1. Lunar's Duality (2007-05-17)..
- ↑ "Wahoo Studios Announces MMORTS". Totalgaming.net. 2007-01-19. http://tgnforums.stardock.com/?forumid=141&aid=141628.
- ↑ Gamasutra - Saga Splits From Wahoo To Focus On Saga MMO