Wildfire Games is an independent free software video game developer, originally founded as a modding team in 2001. Wildfire Games is developing two games of the real-time strategy genre. In addition to game development, Wildfire Games made the Pyrogenesis game engine used in 0 A.D and The Last Alliance.
Wildfire Games originally started out as a game modding studio for Age of Empires II. 0 A.D. was originally a mod idea, but later turned into an independent game with the limitations set by Age of Empires.
Wildfire Games is currently developing 0 A.D. It will be released in two parts: the first exploring B.C. and the second A.D. They are also developing The Last Alliance, a sister game, based on J.R.R. Tolkien's literary works.
|0 A.D. Part I||Real-time strategy||In development|
|0 A.D. Part II||Expansion pack||Planning|
|The Last Alliance||Real-time strategy||On hold|
- Top 100 Best Mods and Indies of 2008
- ↑ Pyrogenesis game engine - Mod DB. Moddb.com. Retrieved on 2009-02-13.
- ↑ Overview :: 0 A.D. :: Wildfire Games. Wildfiregames.com. Retrieved on 2009-02-13.
- ↑ The Last Alliance. Wildfiregames.com. Retrieved on 2009-02-13.
- ↑ 2008 Mod of the Year Awards event - Mod DB. Moddb.com. Retrieved on 2009-02-13.