The Wind Waker is the magical conductor's baton given to Link by The King of Red Lions in The Legend of Zelda: The Wind Waker. The Wind Waker has the power to change the direction of the wind, teleport Link to different areas of the ocean, and other things. It serves the same gameplay function as the Ocarina in Ocarina of Time and Majora's Mask.
"Songs" that Link can conduct using the Wind Waker
- Wind's Requiem - The first song you learn to conduct, taught on Dragon Roost Island shortly after receiving the Wind Waker. Lets you control the direction the wind is blowing while outside.
- Ballad of Gales - Taught by the wind deity Cyclos, lets you ride the winds while on your boat and travel through cyclones.
- Command Melody - Taught at the Tower of the Gods. Lets you take control over someone or something using your mind.
- Earth God's Lyric - You pass this song down to the rightful Sage of the Earth, Medli. Ancient and was played by the previous Zora Sage of the Winds on a harp long ago. This song is used when entering the Earth Temple.
- Wind God's Aria - You pass this song down to the rightful Sage of the Winds, Makar. Was played by the previous Kokiri Sage of the Wings on a violin. This song is used when entering the Wind Temple.
- Song of Passing - Used to turn day to night and vice-versa, and identical melody-wise to the Sun's Song of Ocarina of Time fame. Taught to you by the groovy Elvis guy on Windfall Island.
Zelda is confirmed to use the Wind Waker to conduct violent storms and wipe out large groups of enemies.