|This article is a Stub. You can help by adding to it.|
Stubs are articles that writers have begun work on, but are not yet complete enough to be considered finished articles.
- Level cap raised to 100.
- Free single character boost to Level 90.
- New character models and animations!
- A new world: Draenor. Experience Draenor prior to its shattering.
- Garrisons: Build a foothold in an alien world.
- New dungeons and raids to conquer.
- New talents.
- New Perks to enhance the 90-to-100 levelling experience.
- New mounts and quest rewards.
- Hundreds of new quests.
- New interface for heirlooms and toy/vanity items.
|This section contains spoilers! Content within this section may reveal significant parts of a game(s) story.|
In the aftermath of the Siege of Orgrimmar, it is decided that Garrosh Hellscream is to be put on trial for his crimes. However, Garrosh escapes, and using magic, travels back in time to Draenor, before the world was torn apart into the shattered remains that became known as Outland. Garrosh prevents the orcs from drinking the blood of Mannoroth, and unites the Old Horde tribes into a new Iron Horde. Garrosh then instructs the Warlocks of this new Iron Horde to build and connect a new Dark Portal in Draenor to the one already present on Azeroth, threatening to unleash a new Horde invasion upon the inhabitants of Azeroth, Horde and Alliance alike.
- Yrel - A young paladin on the path to becoming an Exarch.
- Prophet Velen - Priest; leader of the Draenei.
- Kargath Bladefist - Warchief of the Fel Horde and Chieftain of the Shattered Hand clan.
- Grommash Hellscream - Cheiftain of the Warsong clan; first to drink Mannoroth's blood, binding the Horde to the Burning Legion in the original timeline of Draenor.
- Ner'zhul - Elder Shaman.
- Gul'dan - Shaman of the Shadowmoon clan.
- Orgrim Doomhammer - Member of the Blackrock clan.
- Archmage Khadgar - Regarded as one of the best wizards ever to have existed, he is responsible for providing players with quests for legendary rewards.
- Tanaan Jungle - A dense jungle filled with various wildlife; the introduction to the Draenor storyline begins here, and the player also returns to it later for end-game content.
- Shadowmoon Valley - A dark valley; Alliance starting zone.
- Frostfire Ridge - A frozen wasteland; Horde starting zone.
- Gorgrond - A mountainous region
- Talador - Home of the Draenei.
- Spires of Arak - Scaling mountains with sharp edges; home of the Arrakoa.
- Nagrand - Grassy plains.
- Ashran - War-torn battlefield.
One of the most highly anticipated features in Warlords of Draenor is the ability for players to create and manage their own personalized garrison. Within their garrison, players can perform a variety of tasks, such as produce work orders, or send followers out on missions. Players can progressively level up their garrison as they themselves level up. Players can also unlock a shipyard where they can send out fleets of ships for missions; the shipyard is integral if the players wishes to undertake the Legendary quests to acquire their own Legendary Ring.
Like most expansions beforehand, World of Warcraft: Warlords of Draenor offers a new open PvP zone, Ashran, directly adjacent to Stormshield. Players will start at their respective faction's base and fight to take control of flags and eventually storm the enemy base and kill their leader. The Battle for Ashran is constant, which means a player can join in and immediately get into the action. When a player or mob dies in Ashran, they drop a unique currency called Artifact Fragments, which are used back at the player's base.