Worms 2: Armageddon is a turn-based strategy game developed by Team 17 and part of the Worms series, released on July 1, 2009 on Xbox Live Arcade for 800 Microsoft Points. An expanded version of this game titled Worms: Reloaded was released for the PC and Mac OS X on August 26, 2010.
It is the sequel to the game Worms on XBLA, released in 2007. The sequel has several new features and modes, as well as popular returning weapons from past games in the Worms series. It also has an all new single player campaign mode with 35 missions.
Single Player Modes
- Single player campaign with 30 missions, of progressing difficulty, and 5 extra missions, which can be bought from the shop.
- Training mode which includes tutorials on aiming weapons and navigating the players Worm around levels. Also includes firing ranges wherein all weapons are available to the player for aiming practice, and can freely spawn enemy worms or targets on the level to fire upon.
- 6 game styles are available for Xbox LIVE and Local Multiplayer matches: Beginner, Standard, Pro, Fort, Rope Racing and Crazy Crates, with Rope Racing only being playable in player and private matches.
- Ranked matches can only be played with 2 players, where as player and private matches support 4 players.
- Local Match that supports 4 player offline matches.
The game has included 6 new weapons and utilities including the bunker buster, lightning strike, electro magnet, emergency teleporter, the poison strike and the super bunker buster.
The shop has items such as new hats, gravestones, landscapes, weapons and missions can be bought with gold earned from completing single player campaign missions.
|This article needs to be cleaned up for the following reason: section. Additional information may be found on this article's talk page.(July 2010)|
In July 2010 an update for 400 Microsoft points was released for Worms 2: Armageddon called "Worms 2: Armageddon Battlepack". It features 6 new weapons, 10 new forts, 30 all new single-player deathmatches and body count mode, new game styles and landscapes.
The critics' reaction to the game has been generally positive. As of August 17, 2010, it has a rating of 84% on Metacritic, based on twenty three reviews. IGN gave it a score of 8.5/10, concluding: "This is one of the most fun multiplayer games around, and now the single-player campaign provides a satisfying experience, as well."
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 1.2 Worms 2: Armageddon Tech Info Gamespot
- ↑ http://kotaku.com/5294187/worms-2-armageddon-trailer-full-of-armageddonness
- ↑ http://kotaku.com/5302229/worms-2-armageddon-crawls-to--live-arcade-next-week
- ↑ Worms 2: Armageddon at Metacritic.
- ↑ Worms 2: Armageddon Review at IGN. 1 July 2009. Retrieved on 6 July 2009.
|WORMS | Worms Reinforcements | Worms & Reinforcements United | Worms: The Director's Cut|
|Worms 2 | Worms Armageddon | Worms World Party|
|Worms: Open Warfare | Worms: Open Warfare 2 | Worms: A Space Oddity|
|Worms 3D | Worms Forts: Under Siege | Worms 4: Mayhem|
|Worms Blast | Worms Pinball | Worms Golf|
|Weapons and tools|