Xbox Live Productions is an American video game developer based in Redmond, Washington created internally by Microsoft Game Studios in 2008, in order to create "high quality digital content" for Xbox Live.
On January 30, 2008 Microsoft began hiring for Xbox Live Digitally Distributed Games (DDG) team, described as "a newly formed organization focused on digital distribution of games via Xbox Live Marketplace". Shortly after, internal studio Carbonated Games was disbanded on March 27, 2008, with some employees being folded into this new group.
Announced at Comic-Con 2008, the first original programming will be a series of free comedic short films, each less than ten minutes in length. The pilots will be directed by established horror film directors including James Wan, David Slade, James Gunn, Lucky McKee, and Marcus Nispel. The pilots will also be distributed via MSN and Zune Marketplace.
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 Keiser, Joe (2008-05-22). Exclusive Interview: MS to Delist XBLA Titles. Next-Gen.biz. Retrieved on 2008-08-14
- ↑ 2.0 2.1 Xbox.com - XBLA Round Up. Xbox.com. Microsoft (2008-07-14). Retrieved on 2008-08-14
- ↑ Edery, David (2008-01-30). Game Tycoon Blog Archive: Xbox Live Arcade is Looking for Producers. Game Tycoon. Retrieved on 2008-08-14
- ↑ Job Details - Microsoft Careers. Microsoft (2008-01-25). Retrieved on 2008-08-14
- ↑ Nicholson, Sara (2008-08-07). Fable II : Pub Games - August 13th. Gamerscore Blog. Microsoft. Retrieved on 2008-08-14
- ↑ 6.0 6.1 Microsoft to distribute films on Xbox Live; Sony studies options for PlayStation Network. The Dallas Morning News (2008-07-26). Retrieved on 2008-08-14
- ↑ Microsoft (2008-07-23). "So Funny, It’s Scary: Hollywood’s Top Horror Directors to Bring Original Comedy Pilots to Xbox 360 This Fall". Press release. http://www.microsoft.com/Presspass/press/2008/jul08/07-23ComicConXboxLivePR.mspx. Retrieved 2008-08-14.