Yamaha Supercross is video game of the racing genre for the Wii, the Nintendo DS, PC and the PS2 video game consoles developed by Coyote Console and published by Zoo Digital in the United Kingdom, and by DSI Games in North America. It was first released in November 2008 in North America. The Wii version is built from the ground up, as opposed to simply being a port of the PS2 version.
Player assumes the role of the younger brother of one of the biggest names in Supercross who was hospitalised in the final race of the World Championships in an intentional move by Team Nemeshisu.
Players take their brother's place at team Yamaha and, with their brother's help, work up through the ranks, to become World Champion and avenge his foes.
Yamaha Supercross involves racing customized off-road motorcycles on dirt tracks. Players master their bike handling skills over obstacles and steep jumps while racing fellow riders. Track conditions can be affected by mud, bumps, and changing weather.
- Yamaha license will be recognised by fans of Supercross and bikes in general.
- Championship Mode lets players take on three distinct Championship Series. Each championship is progressively more difficult.
- Players can choose their challenge with the Arcade Mode. Gamers select their bike, track, weather conditions and the number of opponents they want to take on.
- Ghost Mode allows players to practice against their best.
- Split screen multiplayer supporting both competitive and co-operative "team" play.
- Tracks feature obstacles such as jumps, whoops and rhythm sections.
- Visual effects such as rain, dust, mud, exhaust smoke, lights and splashes.
- Variable weather conditions will effect the handling and performance of the bikes.
- Rewards such as new tracks, bikes and decals are unlocked as players work their way through the game.
- Collision physics vary upon the severity of the crash and what kind of object the player has hit.
- Variety of camera angles including: Follow Cam, Look Behind, Fly-Through, Jump and Replay Cam.
The Wiiviewr, a user on Youtube who reviews Wii games, reviewed this game and made a 23-second review of it. He called it the worst game he reviewed in 2009. His entire review stated: "This has gotta be one of the most BORING games i've ever played. They put the least amount of effort into making this game, so I figured I'd do the same with this review. The publishers took a somewhat interesting concept for the game, and made it completely dull by keeping it to simple. You should skip this game, because it SUCKS."