Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
|Game Series||Mario series|
|First Appearance||Super Mario World (1991)|
|Creator(s):||Shigefumi Hino, Shigeru Miyamoto|
|Voice Actor(s):||Andrew Sabiston (US TV), Kazumi Totaka (Games)|
Yoshi is one of the more prominent Mario characters. It is a species of dinosaur like creatures that hatch from spotted eggs. Yoshis always come in many different colors. These include, but are not limited to: Green, Blue, Red, Yellow, Turqoise, Orange, Pink, Magenta, Black, and White. The colors usually do not have any special meaning, other than Black & White being rarer than others, and determining what fruit the yoshi likes best. "Yoshi" can also refer to the normal, green, character that Mario has gone on adventures with. Things they swallow tend to turn into eggs, which can then be used for throwing. His first appearance was in Super Mario World.
Yoshi has had many abilities that have been added and removed over the course of its games.
- Floating - When jumping in mid-air, Yoshis kick their feet rapidly to stay airborne for as long as gravity allows them to, while they make some struggling "Nnnnggghhh!!!" sound. This ability has been displayed in games like Yoshi's Island and Super Smash Bros. Melee.
- Ground Pound - Like Mario's ground pound, Yoshis can do a quick flip in mid-air and then quickly ram their bottom into the ground. "Brrrring-ha!" indeed, Yoshi.
- Swallowing - Yoshis often use their long tongues to swallow almost anything - fruits, enemies, cyanide caplets, etc. These are often turned into eggs that follow the Yoshi everywhere. Yoshis seem to universally dislike swallowing peppers.
- Egg Throwing - So, now they've got this egg following them. Now what? Throw it! Yoshis are apparently born with excellent aiming instinct. They will eat you, encase you in an egg, and then throw you at another enemy. Hardcore. Shown in games such as Yoshi Touch & Go and Yoshi's Story.
- Fruit Vomiting - Okay, okay, fruit spraying. In Super Mario Sunshine, they are able to eat fruits (which, in turn, change their color) and earn the ability to spray juice at people or objects.
- Flying - In Super Mario World, when the blue yoshi eats a blue koopa, the Yoshi grows wings and he then is able to fly.
- Flame Throwing - When a Yoshi eats a red koopa in Super Mario World, he can spit out flames to kill other enemies.
- Egg Roll - Starting with Super Smash Bros. Melee, Yoshi has the ability to hide inside an eggshell and roll about the stage, knocking into enemies at high speeds.
- Super Mario World
- Super Mario Kart
- Super Smash Brothers
- Mario Kart 64
- Mario Tennis
- Super Mario 64
- Super Smash Bros. Melee
- Mario Kart: Double Dash!!
- Mario Kart: Super Circuit
- Mario Power Tennis
- Super Mario Sunshine
- Mario Party
- Mario Party 2
- Mario Party 3
- Mario Party 4
- Mario Party 5
- Mario Party 6
- Mario Party 7
- Mario Party 8
- Mario Golf
- Mario Golf: Toadstool Tour
- Super Mario Strikers
- Mario Superstar Baseball
- Mario Super Sluggers